chin ups

  • haygem8
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2006
      hi matt came across this site over the xmas break interesting
      reading the chap you are referring to is myself,
      you know one (I seen a picture of the guy who did the
      512, (terrible form, I can' t believe they let him get away with
      those, his knees were way out there)
      what you don,t know is the photos you have seen was done
      for the local papers only I was asked to do lots of silly positions
      from one arm to having
      one of the kids on my back etc etc if you look
      carefully ,if its the photo I'm sure it is,look at the guy to the
      side it may give it away that the shot is
      set up, looks like a rabbit caught in the head lights,as I
      now know from reading the messages on this site,you are aware I did
      a 610 in one hour at the Vi-sport challenge in Belfast and competed
      in the comp at 01.30pm same day, the comp is based on the ultra-
      fit,there was some of the top x trainers in the world (hywel didn't
      come) and to do the above in front of your peers
      who would be the first to find fault if there was any,even
      the judges discounted a few ,I appreciate you could only voice your
      opinion on the photo ,but I do think
      you should be more certain of your facts before you post a
      message rubbishing someone you don't know,all the more so as your
      name Matt carries a lot of
      respect on this site ,from the messages I've read,the
      people at Guinness have been in the records business,for a number of
      years and are more than happy
      with my form which is tight and tidy (English term) and
      full straight line body at the end of each rep,sorry to go on but if
      someone posts messages about me I feel I have the right to reply.
      ps have been looking at the strend site ,i must agree with
      hywel looks a great comp will give it a go even if its just for the
      training it would be a good work out,just one more thing
      when i first broke the record in jan i didn't do any
      specific training i phoned GWR on the Friday to check out the record
      which was still 445 and on the Saturday i tried it and did it with
      ease so I phoned back on the Monday and asked for the form so I
      could do the thing as per GWR rules when it was posted on the box-
      fit Hywel was the first to tell me that you was the
      true champ as I only did 512 and you had done 522 after a few
      emails we agreed to disagree but your record was never accepted by
      GWR why was this? it could have been down to just
      incorrect paperwork who knows, well it's been nice emailing
      you and look forward to your reply, all the best and a happy new
      year to you and your family and all who visits this message.

      regards Steve and family would love to see the video
      of your 50 pull ups i think hywel may have a copy
    • ralf_laue
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2006
        Hello,

        Just recently - after publishing the record tables at
        http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/chinups.html, I became aware of
        records that have been set in 1996: Jean-François Huette from France
        did 318 chinups in 30 minutes and 587 in one hour. For this reason, I
        had to update the record tables. Note that both records have been
        broken later.

        Everyone who is going for a record is invited to submit record
        documentation for our "Book of Alternative Records"
        (http://www.alternativerecords.co.uk). You can find a submission form
        on the web site. Please note that we are not connected with other
        record books.

        All the best for 2006,
        Ralf Laue