Happy New year

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2005
      Just want to wish everyone a Happy New year and a healthy one,
      I hope you achieve all your fitness goals.

      Looks like I better shoot for 650 next year. (chins and pull ups are
      the same for their record purposes)

      From: (remember in this alternative record, they make no distinction
      between chins and pulls, so a guy who does 644 technically could have
      been doing sets of both, in which case it would be easier) I like the
      sticter rules and palms forward wide grip. As far as I know it was
      Hylund who has a 610 count that is going through Guinness as we speak)
      http://icsurreyonline.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/sutton/tm_objectid=164270
      37&method=full&siteid=53340&headline=chin-up--steve--you-re-a-winner-
      name_page.html#story_continue

      Remy Vidal (France) did 379 chin-ups in 30 minutes on 20 December 2004.
      Guy Schott (USA) did 379 chin-ups in 30 minutes as well en route to his
      one-hour record (644) on 22 Oct 2005.

      http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/chinups.html

      1. The most chin-up in one hour (644) were done by Guy Schott (USA) on
      22 October 2005.

      Previous verified claims
      1. The most chin-up in one hour (573) were done by Stephen Hyland (UK)
      on 6 August 2005.
      2. The most chin-up in one hour (565) were done by Remy Vidal (France)
      on 20 December 2004.
    • stephen wilber
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 2005
        Hi There Matt. Happy new year to you too..
        Just a question..do you do your reps in sets of say 10 and then rest for 30 seconds to do your max test in an hour or what? I just wondered how that was done.
        I have been just goofing around with reps and found a way to do 10 per minute and I am able to do that for about 15-20 min..I just started it recently and wanted see how it can help add to ones rep max..
        thanks
        steve

        From: (remember in this alternative record, they make no distinction
[...]

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: STREND@...
        Subscribe: STREND-subscribe@...

        List Homepage:

        To go to the STREND Website:
        http://www.strend.com

        Sport nutrition Sports nutrition supplement Sport fishing Extreme sports Sports nutrition products Sports nutrition diet

      • Matt Bogdanowicz
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 27, 2005
          Stephen,

          For training or WR attempt? If I were attempting a WR I would take 13-10 reps per minute and rest for 40 seconds, so after about 15 minutes one would have 180 reps. Pretty easy to do in practice, but once you go beyond 25-30 minutes, there were times I would do a set of 7 or 8 then rest 20 seconds and a set of 3 or 4, until the end when you get real tired and the last ten minutes is like two sets of 4. But who knows everyone is different, perhaps you can do 5 sets of 2 and it would be easier on the body. To be honest I have not tried that because it seems like it would take more time letting go stepping away from the bar and then starting again from a dead hang.

          The guy who did 644 did 379 in the first 30 minutes, and I agree the first 30 minutes one should attempt to get ahead so to speak, but he only did 265 in the last 30 minutes. A record attempt should be a little more even like 350 and 300.

          I have just read he is attempting 700! in May-June. Now that would be something. I don't know if I could top that, but honestly the record belongs at 732 or higher, as Jack Lalanne did 1000 in 82 minutes 45 years ago, before records were kept and stricter standards applied.

          Matt