Guiness Response

  • greg_damian
    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 2, 2005
      I just received this response from Guiness. Matt, I am surprised you
      are not listed. Did you receive a confirmation?

      I may give this a go next Saturday.

      Dear Mr Damian

      Thank you for your enquiry regarding your intention to attempt the
      record for 'MOST CHIN UPS IN ONE HOUR'.

      We have attached our recommended guidelines for this attempt which
      provides you with all the details you require to make your attempt.
      You should ensure that all those participating are aware of the
      contents of these guidelines, and your attention is drawn to the
      authentication we require when you come to make your claim.

      Our standard agreement form for record attempts is also enclosed and
      must be signed by yourself and any other individual who may
      contribute material as evidence (e.g. photos/videos). This must be
      returned with the above documentation in order for us to consider
      your claim. Please ensure that your claim ID number (above) is
      clearly marked on your package and all documentation.

      Once the record has been attempted and you have compiled your claim
      and completed the standard record agreement form, they should be
      sent to us here at:

      GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS, 338 EUSTON ROAD, LONDON NW1 3BD, UNITED
      KINGDOM

      Once you know the exact date on which you'll be attempting your
      record, please let us know by visiting the TRACKING section of our
      website. Simply follow this link -
      http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/tracking -
      and enter your membership ID and password. You will then be able to
      alter the date of your attempt and confirm it by ticking the
      checkbox.

      Should you not have online access you can always contact us by post,
      or telephone, quoting the appropriate membership numbers.

      The current record is:
      The record for the most chin ups in one hour is 512 and was set by
      Stephen Hyland (UK) in Stoneleigh, Surrey, UK on 22 January 2005.

      However, you may wish to check with us again closer to submitting
      your full claim to be sure that a new record has not been set in the
      interim.

      If you should require any further information, please do let us
      know, otherwise we hope that the event goes well and look forward to
      hearing the results.

      Yours sincerely,

      Amanda Sprague
      Records Research Services
    • Matt Bogdanowicz
      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 13 4:29 PM
        Stephen,
        Yes,
        I will take a photo or two and show you.

        I like it so that when you stand on your toes you can just touch it with the tips of your fingers, by just pushing off enought to raise yourself about an inch off the ground I can fully grasp the bar, and of course at that point my legs have a slight bend in them as the feet are slightly behind the center of the body, so I am free-hanging with a full lockout before begining a set of pull ups.

        When you just have to jump up an inch or so to grasp the bar you are grasping it with arms fully straight anyway. It is actually harder to jump up on a bar with slightly bent arms and begin a pull up, anyone who has tried it no doubt will agree.

        Look at the photo link on the Groups page, that will give you an idea, the pull up bar in my yard is almost an inch higher then that portable bar I was using.

        Matt

        stephen <haygem8@...> wrote:

        hi matt,question when you do your pull ups do you do them so you
        have a bar higher enough so you can hang full length and still clear
        the floor with your feet,or hook your legs up,

        thanks for the comments but I started out to slow and had to speed
        up at the end,good engine luckily!!!

        regards steve

        -- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <skate_94538@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Ralf,
        >
        > and that is a lessoned to be learned, very efficient record
        setting.

        > Matt
        >
        > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "ralf_laue" <editors@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <skate_94538@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > It keeps getting better 701!!!!!!!
        > > >
        > > > What was your 30 minute split.
        > >
        > > Hello,
        > >
        > > I have just verified the tape for the "Book of Alternative
        Records"
        > > (http://www.alternativerecords.co.uk), and I can tell you that
        the
        > 30
        > > minute split was 349 exactly.
        > >
        > > I will also add the record to
        > > http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/chinups.html immediately.
        > >
        > > Ralf Laue

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: STREND@...
        Subscribe: STREND-subscribe@...

        List Homepage:

        To go to the STREND Website:
        http://www.strend.com

        Sport nutrition Sports nutrition supplement Sport fishing Extreme sports Sports nutrition products Sports nutrition diet

        "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from what the average man is."