First time strenders

  • strend666
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2005
      Myself and my son are going to do the Strend Event in Hamiliton
      Ontario this July 23, 2005. We've been working our collective butts
      off and loving every workout. We've done a dozen marathons together
      and were wondering if you tapered at all before the event? Anybody
      that has any info on that or a good hotel where all the "strenders"
      are staying would be muchly appreciated. tanks Dan& Dan Ganley
    • Matt Bogdanowicz
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2005
        If you are talking about running, I did not really taper at all. If you mean the actual gym workouts then yes a little. Usually concentrate every day on one discipline or body part like chest 5-8 set, and then just a set or two of the others. Next day or two days later, 5-8 sets of back, then 1 to 2 sets of all the other. So this begins a good week out or so so that you really should not be touching the weights 2 days prior. But keep running unless you did a couple of tough interval workouts that week then maybe just a couple of miles easy a day or two before.

        That's great! A father/son team, a few more teams like that we can have a whole seperate division.

        By the way I predict a Masters World Record from Aldo Daniel, a good 9.5. Even if he just improves on his dips.

        Good luck.

        strend666 <strend666@...> wrote:
        Myself and my son are going to do the Strend Event in Hamiliton
        Ontario this July 23, 2005. We've been working our collective butts
        off and loving every workout. We've done a dozen marathons together
        and were wondering if you tapered at all before the event? Anybody
        that has any info on that or a good hotel where all the "strenders"
        are staying would be muchly appreciated. tanks Dan& Dan Ganley

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: STREND@...
        Subscribe: STREND-subscribe@...

        List Homepage: