Re: [STREND] Good Job

  • Alan Demause
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2004
      Just to let you all know. Having just trained for STREND for many years, (which is reps. and not power especially), I just bench pressed close to my all time power lifting max w/o training any extra or changing my regime. It was a mark I set 7 years
      ago. So far I'm in first place in the 2 day competition. Tomorrow will tell.
      Lots of Love,
      Christine Sotmary

      JOHN CARMONY wrote:

      > Hi Matt,
      >
      > Given my athletic ability, I have decided that the best way to succeed at STREND or Pole vaulting is to just keep jugging along and try to outlive them all. Some of these guys are truly amazing. My only hope is that they grow old faster than I do!!
      >
      > What did you run at the Western Regional Championships?
      >
      > JC

    • JOHN CARMONY

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2004
          > Looking at the top three men at the Canadian STREND, if you notice
          > thier age and weight, it just reinforces my theory.

          matt and john, what is your theroy that got reinforced?

          regards,
          Bill
        • JOHN CARMONY
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2004
            It's Matt's theory. Something about people who are built like Ed do very well at STREND!! Makes sense to me!

            Matt can give you the details!

            How are you doing, Bill?

            JC

            > Looking at the top three men at the Canadian STREND, if you notice
            > thier age and weight, it just reinforces my theory.

            matt and john, what is your theroy that got reinforced?

            regards,
            Bill

            Community email addresses:
            Post message: STREND@...<mailto:STREND@...>
            Subscribe: STREND-subscribe@...<mailto:STREND-subscribe@...>

            List Homepage:

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2, 2004
              >>Something about people who are built like Ed do very well at STREND!!

              hey, that guy is built and well trained to say the least!! quite an athelete.

              oh doing well thanks. turned 49 in june and loving it and hating it. had a couple of back2back concussions back in april from the gym and skydiving. had a time of it for a few months but it is mending. working on getting my body to push pass the "light headed stage" or at least a medical professional mentioned i should. they recommend to do this to people with such injuries after the initial "take it real easy phase". running and dive bomber pushups tend to get me lightheaded but it is getting better as time passes. way better than back at the first of the summer. so my cardio is down but still in decent shape for me but certainly need to get cardio back into my routines. always something to work on which is a fortunate feeling really in the big scheme of things. the ol bod just does not heal like it used to and i have to get used to that, "no brainer", a bit better. :) another mri this month at the va and i soon hope to get back to diving/jumping.

              great to hear you are still into it and doing well! i still follow the newsgroup and that always has some inspiration in there from time to time which i enjoy reading and picking up training tips.

              and your training buddy who was injured while running, how is he doing these days?

              regards,
              Bill
            • JOHN CARMONY
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 2, 2004
                Good luck tomorrow, Christine. Win one for your old STREND teammates.

                JC

                JOHN CARMONY wrote:

                > Hi Matt,
                >
                > Given my athletic ability, I have decided that the best way to succeed at STREND or Pole vaulting is to just keep jugging along and try to outlive them all. Some of these guys are truly amazing. My only hope is that they grow old faster than I do!!
                >
                > What did you run at the Western Regional Championships?
                >
                > JC

                List Homepage: