      From: Chris Lele <sirchrislele@...>
      Subject: Re: [STREND] It's Been Awhile
      To: STREND@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, March 16, 2011, 9:59 PM

      Matt,
      Congrats on the twins! Life is about to get much busier! A strend this year may be a little tough training for but it would still be great to compete again.
      But who knows--I think the youtube thing is a great idea. No one better to introduce Strend and stress the rules for each discipline. As soon you get it up let me know, and I will post a strend video on there and link it to yours. Maybe if we aren't able to pull a real Strend off, we can have virtual competition on on youtube.
      That said, I'd definitely compete this June if Mark Lundin can put something together. If we can generate a little buzz on youtube strend could take off (albeit nothing close  to Justin Bieber of Charlie Sheen proportions.)
      The ultimate of course would be a world championship
      in Hawaii. For now, I'll get my video cam ready with a goal of breaking 10--though I'm not sure the running component of Strend would make for a good viewing.

      From: Chris <sirchrislele@...>

      Subject: [STREND] It's Been Awhile

      To: STREND@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 11:00 AM

      Hi everybody,

      It's been awhile since anybody posted. I've taken some time off myself, put on weight (a bit of muscle, plus a little fat.) Anyways, a few weeks ago I started training again. Today, I dusted off the sneakers and headed to the gym.

      At 152 lbs, here are my numbers:

      Incline bench (thought I'd mix it up) 155lbs x 17 reps

      Pull-ups +20lbs = 16 reps

      Military Press: 95 lbs x 26 reps

      Reverse Grip = +20lbs x 18 reps

      Dips +30 x 47 reps

      Total: 124 reps

      2.5 mile run (set course around a lake) : 14:26.

      Hard to say what this works out to be. But it's a quasi-elite level and again there is no one certifying the reps but with a strong run (I've been doing lots of hill running) I think I am at least at a Strend Score 6.

      Anyways, love to hear if anyone else has been knocking out strends. It would be great to have another West Coast Strend some time soon.

      Have a Strend day!