Re: [SRD_MUD] horses

  • happylappy@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2007
      Hi Blue Jonna,

      I have ridden with both Bonnie & Stacy and I share the thoughts they have expressed.

      I just want to add that there are so few places left for equestrians to bring their dogs where we aren't required to have them on a leash WHILE riding. I know, it sounds incredible, but this is required in Oregon State Parks. This requirement often eliminates the ability to bring our companions along on rides, so it is SERIOUSLY treasured to have that liberty. I am fortunate that I have succeeded in leash training my dog in this manner and my horse tolerates it. I would like to see an electronic collar be accepted as an alternative to leashing, but that's a whole other can of worms. I support & encourage the canine/equestrian experience which can only be achieved by education & training.

      Our mission at OET is to practice "Leave No Trace", so I appreciate the comment regarding droppings. The key to keeping the appearance to a minimum is to keep the horse walking while dropping, and dispersing the piles.

      --
      Diana Hammer
      Oregon Equestrian Trails

      From: "blue_jonna" <jbwords@...>