Re: [SQLQueriesNoCode] Oracle => SQL SERVER

  • Michael Gerholdt
    Message 1 of 18 , May 19, 2004
      Probably one he cannot touch as well ....

      I think he told the story well enough but hope he is wrong about his
      conclusion.

      I've not done this but can't you write a DTS package which compares source
      with destination and updates only changes?

      Message 2 of 18 , May 19, 2004
        Have you noticed that all emails to this list that are directed to:
        frederic.ducos@...
        are bounced? Perhaps it is time to remove this address from the list.

        John Warner
        mailto:john@...
        Message 3 of 18 , May 20, 2004
          Probably I should win Powerball, but until it is a sure thing, I won't
          make plans based on winning that money <grin>.

          You may be right, but it is worth asking and getting an answer for. The
          updates are easy if he has control of some step in the process. If there
          are enough restrictions applied to the situation, it eventually becomes
          impossible. Let's look and see if there are any restrictions that have
          been overlooked that we can exploit to help get the job done. We already
          know the Oracle DB is of limits, so there is presently no way to know
          when an update has occurred, what else can't we do?

          John Warner

          Message 4 of 18 , May 20, 2004
            Any chance you could update the subscribers list to exclude those who
            have changed their email address?

            Original mail information:
            Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:16 +0200
            Subject: RE: [SQLQuerie

            Your mail could not be delivered to the following address(es):

            frederic.ducos@...
            Receiver not found

            John Warner
            mailto:john@...
          • Ronda
            Message 5 of 18 , May 21, 2004
              I need to query a SQL DB and return the # of orders for each store based on
              a specific date. My stores are identified by the first 2 digits of the
              orderid. For instance I might have these orders:

              LG46657
              DB1600

              Those are orders that are in my orders table but the first is from a
              Lingerie Store and the second from a Dyeables Shoe store.

              I have a query that returns the most recent order from each store that might
              help:

              --------------------------------
              MaxOrders Query
              --------------------------------
              AS

              Select [order id], convert(varchar(20),[date],110) as OrderDate from
              myOrders where myOrders.[order id] in (

              SELECT
              a.[order id] MaxOrderId

              FROM
              myitems a
              WHERE
              EXISTS (
              SELECT NULL
              FROM myitems b
              GROUP BY
              SUBSTRING(b.[order id], 1, 2) HAVING MAX(b.[itemid]) =
              a.[itemid]
              ) )

              order by [order id]
              RETURN (0)
              -----------------------------------

              You can see that I use the substring to break out the individual stores and
              get the most recent order. What I need to do is get the COUNT of orders for
              each store for a given date. Can someone give me some guidance please.

              TIA,
              Ronda
            • Damhuis Anton
              Message 6 of 18 , May 23, 2004
                Hi Ronda

                Try this:
                Select Left([order id],2),
                [date] as OrderDate,
                Count([order id]) as [OrderCount]
                from
                myOrders
                Group by Left([order id],2),
                [date]

                I think that will work

                Regards
                Anton

                Message 7 of 18 , May 27, 2004
                  I want to retrieve data from 3 tables as follows,
                  c.UserName, a.DateRecorded, b.quiz_name, a.score

                  This join SQL between 2 tables will return alsmost what I need, except
                  that I get the userID instead of the name.

                  SELECT a.UserID, a.dateRecorded, b.quiz_name, a.score
                  FROM scores AS a INNER JOIN quizzes AS b ON a.QuizID= b.quiz_id
                  ORDER BY a.dateRecorded DESC, a.userID;

                  How can I change the SQL above to also use table Login (c) to replace
                  the a.UserID in the results with c.Name?
                  Any suggestions?

                  Third table, Login, has fields for UserID and UserName.

                  Thanks in advance.
                  ...PC

                  http://messenger.yahoo.com/
                • Damhuis Anton
                  Message 8 of 18 , May 27, 2004
                    Just create another Inner Join

                    Sample:
                    SELECT a.UserID, a.dateRecorded, b.quiz_name, a.score , c.UserName
                    FROM scores AS a
                    INNER JOIN quizzes AS b
                    ON a.QuizID = b.quiz_id
                    INNER JOIN Login AS c
                    ON a.UserID = C.UserID
                    ORDER BY a.dateRecorded DESC, a.userID;

                    Regards
                    Anton

                    I want to retrieve data from 3 tables as follows,
                    c.UserName, a.DateRecorded, b.quiz_name, a.score

                    This join SQL between 2 tables will return alsmost what I need, except
                    that I get the userID instead of the name.

                    SELECT a.UserID, a.dateRecorded, b.quiz_name, a.score
                    FROM scores AS a INNER JOIN quizzes AS b ON a.QuizID= b.quiz_id
                    ORDER BY a.dateRecorded DESC, a.userID;

                    How can I change the SQL above to also use table Login (c) to replace
                    the a.UserID in the results with c.Name?
                    Any suggestions?

                    Third table, Login, has fields for UserID and UserName.

                    Thanks in advance.
                    ...PC

                    http://messenger.yahoo.com/

                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/m7folB/TM