Re: [SQLQueriesNoCode] Count or aggregate problem

  • Mark E
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 18, 2012
      How would the query know what fields to pull data from or what fields in your new table to insert in to?

      Unless you can copy and paste the record, I don't think you'll have any choice.

      Also, you may want to look in to why your table has so many columns.  900 seems extremely excessive and could probably be normalized to help with that.

      Mark

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 18, 2012
        If you are too lazy to type and a 900 column table, I can understand the
        problem (I would not have allowed a table to get that wide for exactly that
        reason or might resort to views). What RDBMS are you using, you might be
        able to use the database schema tables to 'do the typing' for you.