Co-worker forgot id field

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2012
      so when he adds the field all existing rows have a 0 value.

      How do I get the 1000s of existing rows to get numbered after the fact...

      http://brian.chipsofttech.com/blogs/brian/post/Reseed-SQL-Server-Identity-Column.aspx
      did not help
    • Mark E
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 24, 2012
        If it's SQL Server, adding an identity column should auto seed it as if it were always there.  I've had to do this numerous times in the past with SQL2k and I just tested it in 2k8 R2.

        Mark