RE: [SQLQueriesNoCode] Can a trigger have Input parameters? ( like procedure )

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 23, 2011
      Using a TRIGGER 'should' be restricted to data management (conformance
      and consistency) ONLY. Don't use a TRIGGER to manage business rules.

      Not only does this place an undue burden on the server, but it
      effectively hides activities that should be both in view and easily
      accessible to those that maintain the database.

      I have worked with many clients that had 'gremlins' in the database only
      to discover some TRIGGER that no one remembered.

      That said, if the "Personnel Codes" are in the table controlled by a
      TRIGGER, then those fields are accessible to the TRIGGER.

      From the limited scenario, I would guess that a TRIGGER is NOT the
      solution.

      Regards,

      Arnie Rowland | Westwood Consulting, LLC | +1-503-246-6172

      "You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon
      it will be too late."