RE: [SQLQueriesNoCode] Need Emergency Help

  • King Wilder
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 15, 2011
      If I understand the question, I’ve done this before and it seems as simple
      as adding some columns to the tables in question:

      n UpdatedBy – the username of the user who updated the record

      n DateUpdated – the date the record was last updated, no matter what change
      it was

      n (optional) UpdateType – if you really want to be specific, you can always
      have this column that displays the type of update that was made

      Then the bosses can simply have a web-based report that they can refresh (at
      their leisure) that contains this information. This way emails or other
      notifications don’t have to be constantly sent to them, based on a trigger,
      that won’t give them comparative historical information.

      And of course only users with appropriate permissions can make said
      modifications to these records.

      If I’m completely off base, I apologize.

      Thanks,

      King Wilder

      Gizmo Beach

      <http://www.gizmobeach.com/> http://www.gizmobeach.com