Re: [SQLQueriesNoCode] not able to connect local sql server

  • Joe Fawcett
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 16, 2011
      VS2010 has probably installed SQL Sever Express 2008. You need to check in
      services and see which versions are running. Failing that install the 2008
      SQL Server manager.
      Joe
      http://joe.fawcett.name/

      On 16 February 2011 15:43, Arindam <e_arindam@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > i am not able to connect local sql server which was getting connected
      > properly before i installed VS2010 on my machine, now its giving the
      > following error
      >
      > TITLE: Connect to Server
      > ------------------------------
      > Cannot connect to ETG1\SQLEXPRESS.
      > ------------------------------
      > ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
      > This version of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express can only be
      > used to connect to SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 servers.
      > (Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.ConnectionDlg)
      > ------------------------------
      > BUTTONS:
      > OK
      > ------------------------------
      >
      > though i am connecting to same 2005 instance only, i think some default
      > setting has been updated during the vs2010 installation.
      >
      > can any one help me please ?
      >
      > -Thanks
      >

      > Arindam Chakraborty
      > Mumbai, India
      > http://e-tigers.net/
      > http://etgconsultancy.com/

    • Sudhir Babu.Gadiputi
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 17, 2011
        Hello

        You installed vs 2010 and by default sql server also installed and when you
        tried to connect it gives error.

        So u need to installed sql server 2005 or you want to access sql express
        then u need to download sqlexpess management studio

        I hopes it will help you.

        Thanks & Regards

        Sudhir Babu.G

        --
        Thanks & Regards
        G.Sudhir Babu

        Success is not final, Failure is not fatal; Its only the courage to continue
        that counts

      • Arindam
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 11, 2011
          yes right i have installed vs2010, but for sql do i need to install 2005 or 2008 ? while installing Server 2008 R2 i am getting some error, please take a look at the follwoing errror.
          http://arindamachakraborty.blogspot.com/2011/03/server-2008-r2-installation-problem.html%c2%a0

          -Thanks

          Arindam Chakraborty
          Mumbai, India