RE: [SQLQueriesNoCode] Stored Procedure Help

  • Farhan Ahmed
    Message 1 of 10 , May 6, 2010
      CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[amhs_pap_merc_dx]
      AS
      BEGIN

      DECLARE @Criteria VARCHAR(10)

      SELECT @Criteria = ICD9CM_Code_Id FROM Patient_Diagnosis
      If @Criteria= '272.0' THEN 'True'
      ELSE 'False'
      END

      END
      GO

      Thanks
      Farhan Ahmed

      Programmer Analyst

      The Shams Group

      To: SQLQueriesNoCode@yahoogroups.com
      From: diana@...
      Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 19:02:54 +0000
      Subject: [SQLQueriesNoCode] Stored Procedure Help

      Ok so I am creating a stored procedure (basic knowledge of sps on my part) and when I try to execute this sp I get an error message. I'm not sure what is wrong with it and how to fix it. Any idea's anyone?

      create PROCEDURE [dbo].[amhs_pap_merc_dx]
      As
      BEGIN
      DECLARE
      @Criteria VARCHAR(10)
      If patient_diagnosis.icd9cm_code_id = '272.0'
      Set @Criteria = 'True'
      Else
      Set @Criteria = 'False'
      End

      select * from patient_diagnosis

      Msg 4104, Level 16, State 1, Procedure amhs_pap_merc_dx, Line 6
      The multi-part identifier "patient_diagnosis_.icd9cm_code_id" could not be bound.

      Diana Adams
      Template Developer/Consultant
      EMR Template Experts
      phone (920) 342-8265
      diana@...
      www.emrtemplateexperts.com

    • Joe Fawcett
      Message 2 of 10 , May 6, 2010
        Not sure what that's supposed to do. What is the point of testing @criteria
        and then not acting on the result in a meaningful way?

        Joe
        http://joe.fawcett.name/

        Message 3 of 10 , May 6, 2010
          Correction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

          CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[amhs_pap_merc_dx]
          AS
          BEGIN

          DECLARE @Criteria VARCHAR(10)

          SELECT @Criteria = Cast(ICD9CM_Code_Id as Varchar(10)) FROM Patient_Diagnosis
          If @Criteria= '272.0' THEN

          Select 'True'
          ELSE

          Select 'False'
          END

          END
          GO

          Thanks
          Farhan Ahmed
          Programmer Analyst
          The Shams Group

          > To: sqlqueriesnocode@yahoogroups.com
          > From: engr.farhan_ssuet@...
          > Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 03:28:15 +0600
          > Subject: RE: [SQLQueriesNoCode] Stored Procedure Help
          >

          > CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[amhs_pap_merc_dx]
          > AS
          > BEGIN
          >
          > DECLARE @Criteria VARCHAR(10)
          >
          > SELECT @Criteria = ICD9CM_Code_Id FROM Patient_Diagnosis
          > If @Criteria= '272.0' THEN 'True'
          > ELSE 'False'
          > END
          >
          > END
          > GO
          >
          > Thanks
          > Farhan Ahmed
          >
          > Programmer Analyst
          >
          > The Shams Group
          >

          > To: SQLQueriesNoCode@yahoogroups.com
          > From: diana@...
          > Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 19:02:54 +0000
          > Subject: [SQLQueriesNoCode] Stored Procedure Help
          >

          > Ok so I am creating a stored procedure (basic knowledge of sps on my part) and when I try to execute this sp I get an error message. I'm not sure what is wrong with it and how to fix it. Any idea's anyone?
          >
          > create PROCEDURE [dbo].[amhs_pap_merc_dx]
          > As
          > BEGIN
          > DECLARE
          > @Criteria VARCHAR(10)
          > If patient_diagnosis.icd9cm_code_id = '272.0'
          > Set @Criteria = 'True'
          > Else
          > Set @Criteria = 'False'
          > End
          >
          > select * from patient_diagnosis
          >
          > Msg 4104, Level 16, State 1, Procedure amhs_pap_merc_dx, Line 6
          > The multi-part identifier "patient_diagnosis_.icd9cm_code_id" could not be bound.
          >
          > Diana Adams
          > Template Developer/Consultant
          > EMR Template Experts
          > phone (9...
          > diana@...
          > www.emrtemplateexperts.com

        • Rob Richardson
          Message 4 of 10 , May 7, 2010
            Setting aside the mystery of what you are trying to accomplish, why do
            you expect to use a value before the select statement that puts the data
            into the value? Put your select statement on top of the if statement.

            RobR
          • Rashmi Soni
            Message 5 of 10 , May 21, 2010
              what is difference between sql and sqliplus?????????

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 10 , May 23, 2010
                SQL is a Database Language SQLPlus is an Oracle Tool to Acess the SQL.
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 22, 2011
                  @ sign represents parameter and you are creating varialble
                  so first of all remove @ sing bofore the name of variable
                  and if you are using paramenter then find from google or w3cschool
                  that how to use parameteres in stored procedures

                  On 5/23/10, arun aarun <saarun_emf@...> wrote:

                  > SQL is a Database Language SQLPlus is an Oracle Tool to Acess the SQL.

                  Chirag A Mewada
                  (Assistant Professor)
                  NaranLala College of Professional & Applied Sciences
                  Navsari.

                  ".....IF IT WAS EASY, EVERYBODY WOULD BE DOING IT....."