need a query

  • AMIT
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 10, 2010
      hello to all
      I need a dynamic query to remove the all occurrence of h in any string like "helhlowohrldh" & the output is "elloworld" without using replace function. We have to use only trim, instr, substr length & concate functions
    • Prasanna Dhakephalkar
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18, 2010
        Just curious, why ?

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 18, 2010
          It's a class assignment -homework.

          Regards,

          Arnie Rowland, MVP (SQL Server)

          "You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late."

          I need a dynamic query to remove the all occurrence of h in any string like "helhlowohrldh" & the output is "elloworld" without using replace function. We have to use only trim, instr, substr length & concate functions

          Disclaimer - February 18, 2010
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 18, 2010
            No, it seems like client's requirement :)
            Best Wishes,

            This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for SQLQueriesNoCode@ yahoogroups. com. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Westwood Consulting, Inc. Warning: Although Westwood Consulting, Inc has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.
            This disclaimer was added by Policy Patrol: http://www.policypa trol.com/

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 18, 2010
              This sounds of a homework assignment, how can you learn if we do your
              homework for you. Show us what you have and perhaps we can assist in
              improving or making it work.