@@LANGID in Server Server 2000/2005

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2009

      There was a certain requirement in a application that the database language for the user (DB credentials) should be <British English>; to check that I used the following query:

      SELECT @@LANGID as LANGUAGE_ID

      in SQL Server 2000 it was working fine i.e.
      it was returning 23 when I set the language as <BRITISH ENGLISH>
      and 0 when I set the same as <ENGLISH>

      but when I am executing the same query in SQL Server 2005, I am getting 0 in both (actually all) the cases.

      Could you please point what I am actually missing, or is it a bug!
      Best Wishes,
      Noman Aftab

      http://www.jalandhari.qsh.eu

      Keep up with people you care about with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn how. http://in.overview.mail.yahoo.com/connectmore