RE: [SQLQueriesNoCode] I need help on my query

    Message 1 of 22 , May 22, 2008
      Also I forgot to ask what is the query as typed into QA? Not the VB string

      Message 2 of 22 , May 22, 2008
        Ah at last we finally arrive at the full story of what is happening here.
        Just as a note this information on the first day of your questions would
        have gotten you several suggested solutions. Also on a mailing list like
        the one involved here, when you get error messages you just have to write
        down (exactly) what the message is instead of doing a screen capture. I
        know more work, but rewarded with a faster solution. Another thing that
        helps is to keep in mind the people on the list are thousands of miles
        (kilometers) away, they cannot look over your shoulder and know you are
        using Visual Basic or what version of Windows you are using or what
        Database Management System you are using unless you tell them. These are
        ALL helpful bits of information to have when trying to solve a problem. The
        basic rule is you cannot provide too much information.

        In the main query adjust the WHERE clause see change below:

        Select L.* from LotexManzana L where L.LxM_Codigo IN ( Select Cli_CodLxM
        from Cliente where "

        & estado & "='1')

        Test in query analyzer before pasting into VB.

        From: john@...
        Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 12:38:31 -0400
        Subject: RE: [SQLQueriesNoCode] I need help on my query

      • Cesar ROUILLON SIXTO
        Message 3 of 22 , May 22, 2008
          Thanks for your time John,

          Thanks too for the sugestions, I think in all these the next time. Regards
          ROUILLON SIXTO César E.Ing. en Informática y SistemasPerú

          To: cesar_rouillon@...: SQLQueriesNoCode@yahoogroups.comFrom: john@...: Thu, 22 May 2008 13:42:16 -0400Subject: RE: [SQLQueriesNoCode] I need help on my query

          Ah at last we finally arrive at the full story of what is happening here.Just as a note this information on the first day of your questions wouldhave gotten you several suggested solutions. Also on a mailing list likethe one involved here, when you get error messages you just have to writedown (exactly) what the message is instead of doing a screen capture. Iknow more work, but rewarded with a faster solution. Another thing thathelps is to keep in mind the people on the list are thousands of miles(kilometers) away, they cannot look over your shoulder and know you areusing Visual Basic or what version of Windows you are using or whatDatabase Management System you are using unless you tell them. These areALL helpful bits of information to have when trying to solve a problem. Thebasic rule is you cannot provide too much information. In the main query adjust the WHERE clause see change below:Select L.* from LotexManzana L where L.LxM_Codigo IN ( Select Cli_CodLxMfrom Cliente where " & estado & "='1')Test in query analyzer before pasting into VB.John Warner-----Original Message-----From: Cesar ROUILLON SIXTO [mailto:cesar_rouillon@...] Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 1:21 PMTo: john@...: FW: [SQLQueriesNoCode] I need help on my queryImportance: HighThe error is in the next image(http://www.familiarouillon.com/errorquery.bmp), I tried in the QA only myquery, regards and thanks..Note: I send you to your email, because I can't send information toSQLQueriesNoCode@ <mailto:SQLQueriesNoCode@yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.comROUILLON SIXTO César E.Ing. en Informática y SistemasPerú_____ To: SQLQueriesNoCode@yahoogroups.comFrom: john@...: Thu, 22 May 2008 12:38:31 -0400Subject: RE: [SQLQueriesNoCode] I need help on my query[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]