SQL 2005 authentication

  • hatemmohsen2
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
      I want to change the SQL authentication from mixed mode into SQL
      authentication in (SQL 2005), as i have a domain administrator user
      that can access the server , then connect to SQL using windows
      authentication.

      I searched a lot but i found that this option is not available in SQL
      2005 , as it was in SQL 2000.

      I'm using: - windows server 2003 (server operating system).
      - Database SQL 2005.

      Please any body can advise how to prevent this domain administrator
      from accessing the database.
    • Tim Mitchell
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2008
        If you want to keep the domain admins from being able to implicitly
        access the database, you should remove the sysadmin fixed role from the
        BUILTIN\Administrators login. Or, you can remove the
        BUILTIN\Administrators login completely.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2008
          Take a look at:
          http://support.microsoft.com/kb/269587

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 5, 2008
            Oops, did not read the question closely enough.