Importing Data into SQL Server Express

  • d12774
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2007
      Hi I have SQL Studio Management Express and I would like to import
      data from Access, Excel, and .txt files. Does anyone know a query that
      can accomplish that? This is the code I used, and the error I received.

      USE ASP_Class_Test

      GO

      SELECT a.*

      FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',
      'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Access
      Help\nw1.mdb',Orders)
      AS a

      GO

      OLE DB provider "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" for linked server "(null)"
      returned message "Could not find installable ISAM.".
      Msg 7303, Level 16, State 1, Line 2
      Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider
      "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" for linked server "(null)".