DATABASE SERVER ISSUE

  • robert sackey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2007
      Please can anybody explain this to me?

      What are the advantages and disadvantages of having one PHYSICAL DELL SERVER running an instance of SQL and having all of my 40 databases on the same PHYSICAL DELL SERVER?

      What about having the databases sitting on different PHYSICAL DELL SERVERS.

      thanks

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2007
        Too many unanswered variables here to give you good feed back. That is
        beyond the obvious, multiple servers (40) will give vastly superior
        performance then a single server. I'm guessing you probably already know
        this. Can you tell us more about the situation. How many users, what
        kinds of updates are done, what kind of reporting is done. What are the
        current problems that make new hardware and issue?