RE: [SQLQueriesNoCode] Re: Hello Everyone

    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 19, 2006
      OK,

      I see the following names attached to emails that purport to come from "jane
      elizabeth".

      jane Elizabeth
      Jane Angelina
      Sam Kamalesan. D
      jane_blue_angel

      Maybe it's just me, but I get annoyed with this level of obfuscation
      -especially from someone asking for my help!

      Will the real correspondent please stand up and identify yourself?

      - Arnie Rowland

      "I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work, the more
      I have of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

      Disclaimer - June 19, 2006

    • jane elizabeth
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 19, 2006
        Hello Arnie,

        Im new student to joined to this group. I like to learn more about relational
        database. Did i ask any rude or unwanted questions to this group. What's your
        doubt here, As a christian i have three joined names Jane Elizabeth Angelina.

        Normally people change their name due to confusion i use my friend name.

        The availability of yahoo id shows jane_blue_angel so that i choosen this yahoo id.

        Regards,
        Jane Angelina

        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 19, 2006
          Thanks for the clarification.

          You'll have to admit that when you sent me the data file, and it had the
          name of Sam Kamalesan, it started seeming very odd. Is it one person, or is
          it a several people sharing an email account. It just seemed strange.

          Arnie Rowland <arnie@...> wrote:
          OK,

          I see the following names attached to emails that purport to come from "jane
          elizabeth".

          jane Elizabeth
          Jane Angelina
          Sam Kamalesan. D
          jane_blue_angel

          Maybe it's just me, but I get annoyed with this level of obfuscation
          -especially from someone asking for my help!

          Will the real correspondent please stand up and identify yourself?

          - Arnie Rowland

          "I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work, the more
          I have of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

          Disclaimer - June 19, 2006
          solely for SQLQueriesNoCode@yahoogroups.com. If you are not the named
          addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email.
          and might not represent those of Westwood Consulting, Inc. Warning: Although
          Westwood Consulting, Inc has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no
          viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility
          for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.

          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 19, 2006

            The schema and data you sent seems to be incomplete.

            Your original query included columns SuppKey and Discount. Those columns are
            not in the datafile or schema.

            Your original post:

            select a.discount, a.orderkey from company a

            where a.orderkey in (select b.suppkey from company b

            where b.date > '01-jan-97' < .04 and a.orderkey=b.orderkey)

            In order for me to further assist you with this problem, the following is
            required.

            From the table -ALL 130000 rows -but only the OrderKey, SuppKey, Discount,
            and Date columns are needed. That shouldn't be a very large file. (If you
            are able to create the necessary file, send it to me -not to the newsgroup.
            -Arnie)

            Without a complete dataset, it is impossible to assist you with the
            performance issues, it is impossible to compare timings with those you have
            reported, and most especially, it is impossible to make your query execute
            when there are missing columns.

            _____

            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 19, 2006
              You're a better man then me Arnie, after so many tries at getting them
              to help me help them I give up.

              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 19, 2006
                As creator and moderator I prefer we work ond SQLQueries Questions and Answers.

                Your mail was neither a query question, nor a query answer.

                I recommend if you want to satisfy your curiousity -- ask that
                person(s) off list. And lets try to stick to SQL Queries Q&A ,not
                whether Jane Elizabeth is using several emails and why she is... If
                people have questions no matter what their email address(es) lets try
                to ge them an answer.

                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 19, 2006
                  Enough said.

                  I shall refrain from any further engagement with Jane Angelina, Jane
                  Elizibeth, jane_blue_angel, or Sam Kamalesan's questions or problems in
                  order to not be annoyed by the obfuscation.

                  - Arnie Rowland

                  "I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work, the more
                  I have of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

                  As creator and moderator I prefer we work ond SQLQueries Questions and
                  Answers.

                  Your mail was neither a query question, nor a query answer.

                  I recommend if you want to satisfy your curiousity -- ask that
                  person(s) off list. And lets try to stick to SQL Queries Q&A ,not
                  whether Jane Elizabeth is using several emails and why she is... If
                  people have questions no matter what their email address(es) lets try
                  to ge them an answer.

                  On 6/19/06, Arnie Rowland <arnie@...> wrote:

                  > OK,
                  >
                  > I see the following names attached to emails that purport to come from
                  "jane
                  > elizabeth".
                  >
                  > jane Elizabeth
                  > Jane Angelina
                  > Sam Kamalesan. D
                  > jane_blue_angel
                  >
                  > Maybe it's just me, but I get annoyed with this level of obfuscation
                  > -especially from someone asking for my help!
                  >
                  > Will the real correspondent please stand up and identify yourself?

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  Disclaimer - June 19, 2006

                • allen donald
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 28, 2006
                    Hello ,

                    Could you tell me how to create a hash table in
                    oracle. do we need to use sql or plsql. can anyone
                    explain me with example.

                    - Thanks in advance -

                    Regards,
                    Donald.

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Rahul Verma
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 28, 2006
                      Hi Dear

                      Hash table is temp table in a database, and it will automatically delete after connection is broken or the server restart.
                      In SqlServer we use it simply by using # just befor the table name.

                      With Regards
                      Rahul Verma