Subject: [SQLQueriesNoCode] Hello Group please could anyone help me in MSSQL Trigger

  • Anand Singh
    Message 1 of 5 , May 16, 2006
      Subject: [SQLQueriesNoCode] Hello Group please could anyone help me in MSSQL
      Trigger
      Hi All,
      please could anyone tell me how i can call a procedure in sql server 2000
      Trigger - here is my requirement, i want to insert some record in table A
      and when i insert record in that then a trigger should fire which will call
      a stored procedure which will take data as parameter and that parameter that
      procedure will take from that calling trigger, so if anyone could provide
      sample code then would be very good and really thanks a lot to you all.
      Thanks
      Roger.

      Message 2 of 5 , May 16, 2006
        Could you give us the wording used by your instructor for this
        assignment. Something is being lost in your interpretation of the
        assignment and you are actually not all that clear.

      • Anand Singh
        Message 3 of 5 , May 19, 2006
          Hi Everyone
          please i want to call one stored procedure through trigger in MS SQL Server
          2000, the things is that i want to to call after insert trigger which is
          bind on table xyz and when any records inserted in table xyz then the
          trigger will be fired and then call one procedure and inside that procedure
          i want to search anoth table i mean scan another table and see if this match
          found there and if match found there for what ever user - let's say it gets
          5 matching user then my procedure should insert a new row in anothe rtavle
          for all matching user who all found in matching table - the problem is that
          i am able to fire the rigger and also scan but i don't know how to loop
          through in sql with my those values - please anyone help me if you have full
          code for this scenario please.
          Thanks
          Roger

          Message 4 of 5 , May 19, 2006
            Not specifically to your problem as I still don't quite understand all
            of it, but here is how to loop

            USE Northwind
            DECLARE @counter int
            SELECT @counter =1
            While @counter < 10
            Begin
            SELECT ProductName
            FROM Products
            WHERE ProductID = @Counter
            SELECT @counter = @counter + 1
            End

            Keywords to use read about in Books Online:
            While
            Begin
            End

          • Arti Gupta
            Message 5 of 5 , May 24, 2006
              hi,
              u can do like this
              i m sending u a sample piece of code
              Regards
              Arti Gupta
              IF @DispatchListType=1
              BEGIN
              DECLARE @DelArticleSKU nvarchar(60), @DelQty axdtMONEY,@DelUOM axdtCODE
              DECLARE UpdateSKU_Cursor CURSOR FOR
              Select loxSTOCK.ArticleSKU,-loxSTOCK.StockQty,loxSTOCK.UOMCode from loxSTOCK (NOLOCK),loxPICKINGLISTDETAIL p(NOLOCK),loxDISPATCHLISTDETAIL(NOLOCK)
              Where p.PickingListID=loxDISPATCHLISTDETAIL.PickingListID
              AND p.PickingListDetailID=loxSTOCK.PickingListDetailID
              AND loxDISPATCHLISTDETAIL.DispatchListID = @DispatchListId
              OPEN UpdateSKU_Cursor

              -- Perform the first fetch.
              FETCH NEXT FROM UpdateSKU_Cursor INTO @DelArticleSKU,@DelQty,@DelUOM

              -- Check @@FETCH_STATUS to see if there are any more rows to fetch.
              WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0
              BEGIN
              Select @DelQty
              IF @DispatchListType=1
              BEGIN
              EXEC dbo.axspUPDATESTOCK @DelArticleSKU,@DelQty ,@DelUOM
              End
              FETCH NEXT FROM UpdateSKU_Cursor into @DelArticleSKU,@DelQty,@DelUOM
              END

              CLOSE UpdateSKU_Cursor
              DEALLOCATE UpdateSKU_Cursor
              DELETE from loxSTOCK WITH (ROWLOCK)
              FROM

              Anand Singh <rogermoore2006@...> wrote:
[...]

              C programming language Computer programming languages Java programming language The c programming language C programming language Concept of programming language