Re: [SQLQueriesNoCode] How To Copy Tables Across Servers?

  • nilesh babar
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2006

       You can try SELECT * INTO command.
      following is the syntax

      SELECT * INTO table_name FROM database_server.database_name.dbo.table_name

      before executing above query you need to linked the database servers.
      for linking the databases use
      SP_ADDLINKEDSERVER

      Cheers,
      Nilesh

      sqlny1 <sqlny1@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      We got a production database that gets
      tables added to it daily.
      So, every single day we transfer those new
      tables via DTS to five (5) other servers (Each having the same database
      name).

      I found no way to use the 'select' stmt across servers.
      Can we accomplish this daily transfer by using a
      'Select' statement?

      I'm not conversant with TSQL (yet!) and
      would very much appreciate any help you can
      give me.

      Thank you very much

      Mike