RE: Can any one tell me this query?

  • Rehan Mirza
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 31, 2006

      This is Rehan Mirza from Karachi, Pakistan.

      you use

      Select DateCol1 - DateCol2
      From TableName;

      Select '15-May-06' - '15-Nov-05'
      From TableName;

      I mean you use date minus '-' date to obtain number or
      days

      for example
      '17-Jan-06' - '15-Jan-06' = 2
      '15-Jan-06' - '17-Jan-06' = -2

      Thanks

      Message: 8
      Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 20:40:07 -0500
      From: Dave May <dave.may@...>
      Subject: RE: Can any one tell me this query?

      You didn't specify which RDBMS you are using, but if
      using SQLServer
      the
      solution is very straightforward. Lookup datediff in
      BOL for more
      information.

      select datediff(day, '11-15-2005', '05-15-2006')
      select datediff(day, '11-15-2005', '01-27-2006')

      Dave.

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 12, 2007
        I have 2 tables each with three columns:

        Table1

        loanNo

        AccFee1

        AccFee2

        Table2

        LOAN_NUM

        ACC_FEE_1

        ACC_FEE_2

        LoanNo & LOAN_NUM in each table matches

        What I'm trying to return is a list where:

        AccFee1 doesn't match ACC_FEE_1 AND AccFee2 doesn't match ACC_FEE_2

        AccFee1 doesn't match ACC_FEE_1 BUT AccFee2 does match ACC_FEE_2

        AccFee1 does match ACC_FEE_1 BUT AccFee2 doesn't match ACC_FEE_2

        I can create a view which return the list if AccFee1 doesn't match
        ACC_FEE_1 AND AccFee2 doesn't match ACC_FEE_2, but if I change the
        data so one of the fields match, it then doesn't return...

        Thanx in advance

        Cheers,

        Derek PAUL

        The information transmitted by this e-mail is intended only
        for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or
        privileged material. Any interception, review, retransmission,
        dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action upon
        this information by persons or entities other than the
        intended recipient is prohibited by law and may subject them
        to criminal or civil liability.
        Unless explicitly attributed, the opinions expressed are personal
        and not those of HomeStart or the South Australian Government.
        If you received this communication
        in error, please contact us immediately at
        admin@..., and delete the communication.

        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 13, 2007
          Derek,

          The example below may be the tactic to use.

          Often you will get quicker and better responses if you include in your post
          the table DDL and some sample data in the form of INSERT statements -very
          similar to the code below. That makes it easy for folks to try to help you
          since all they have to do is try their ideas. Without the DDL and data,
          since few of us and do these kind of things 'just off the top of our head',
          one must take the time to create them and that will reduce the potential

          - Arnie Rowland, MCT, MVP (SQL Server)

          "I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work, the more
          I have of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)