change table to dbo owner

  • alex.benitez@prgx.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2005

      When a user creates a table in a db, It is showing him as the owner.  How do I change the table name to be dbo as the owner.  And can I make it so that when they create tables the owner is dbo, or do they have to do something in their scripts when they create the table so the owner will be dbo?

      Regards,
      Alex Benitez

    • Qiana Timms
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2005

        Not sure how to make dbo the default, I’m sure there is a way; however to change the owner, you can use: sp_changeobjectowner. I’m assuming you are using SQL Server 2000.

        Hope that helps,

        Qiana

        When a user creates a table in a db, It is showing him as the owner.  How do I change the table name to be dbo as the owner.  And can I make it so that when they create tables the owner is dbo, or do they have to do something in their scripts when they create the table so the owner will be dbo?

        Regards,
        Alex Benitez

      • Richard Rogers
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2005
          Message
          The user would have to make dbo the owner during creation.
          Not sure how to make dbo the default, I'm sure there is a way; however to change the owner, you can use: sp_changeobjectowner. I'm assuming you are using SQL Server 2000.

          Hope that helps,

          Qiana

          When a user creates a table in a db, It is showing him as the owner.  How do I change the table name to be dbo as the owner.  And can I make it so that when they create tables the owner is dbo, or do they have to do something in their scripts when they create the table so the owner will be dbo?

          Regards,
          Alex Benitez

          NOTICE: This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. The contents of this e-mail are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Please virus check all attachments to prevent widespread contamination and corruption of files and operating systems!