Re: [SQLQueriesNoCode] How to get Field name of a Table through query

  • nilesh babar
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2005

      use following query

      select name from syscolumns where id in (select id from sysobjects where name='employee')

      'employee'  is the table name.

      Cheers,
      Nilesh.

      govisathish <govisathish@...> wrote:

      Hi

      I need to get the field names of a Table through Query, I'm using SQL
      SERVER database . Can Any one help me in this regard

      sathish

    • Doug Nelson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 24, 2005

        A better way to do this is the use the information_schema views.

        http://www.devx.com/getHelpOn/10MinuteSolution/20561

        This is becoming the preferred way to get information about the database structure.

        Doug Nelson

        SynApp north

        www.synappnorth.com