4863SQL Server 2012 - Column value -1 or 0

  • MBDEV - DB
    Mar 22, 2013
      Hi Guys,

      If you look at the Having statement in the query below it has:

      HAVING (dbo.TITLES.Check1 = - 1) <- notice the space between - sign and 1.

      I have tried removing that space in SQL Server view designer but it keeps
      putting it back. The values in the DB column Check1 are either -1 or 0.

      If I try:

      dbo.TITLES.Check1 = 0)

      This pull up records with 0

      But when I try:

      dbo.TITLES.Check1 = - 1)

      This pull up nothing even though there are 2 records in there with a value
      of -1 in that column.

      I think it is the space between the minus sign and the number 1. But, every
      time I remove the space the designer puts it right back.

      In access this is basically a true or false column which is represented by a
      -1 for true and a 0 for false.

      Is there another way I should be checking this in SQL Server?

      I did try:

      dbo.TITLES.Check1 = True)

      But of course that tosses an error even though it works when run in access.

      SQL SERVER VERSION:

      SELECT MAX(dbo.TITLOC.TitleLocID) AS MaxOfTitleLocID, dbo.TITLES.TitleID,
      dbo.TITLES.CustLName, dbo.TITLES.CustFName, dbo.TITLES.RecDT,

      dbo.TITLES.TitleID AS Expr1, dbo.TITLES.Check1

      FROM dbo.TITLES INNER JOIN

      dbo.TITLOC ON dbo.TITLES.TitleID =
      dbo.TITLOC.TitleID

      GROUP BY dbo.TITLES.CustLName, dbo.TITLES.CustFName, dbo.TITLES.RecDT,
      dbo.TITLES.TitleID, dbo.TITLES.Check1, dbo.TITLES.TitleID

      HAVING (dbo.TITLES.Check1 = - 1)

      ACCESS VERSION:

      SELECT Max(TITLOC.TitleLocID) AS MaxOfTitleLocID, TITLES.TitleID,
      TITLES.CustLName, TITLES.CustFName, TITLES.RecDT, TITLES.TitleID,
      TITLES.Check1

      FROM TITLES INNER JOIN TITLOC ON TITLES.TitleID = TITLOC.TitleID

      GROUP BY TITLES.TitleID, TITLES.CustLName, TITLES.CustFName, TITLES.RecDT,
      TITLES.TitleID, TITLES.Check1

      HAVING (((TITLES.Check1)=True));