  • Rob Richardson
    Apr 16, 2010
      I have found that if I need to get information about something that
      doesn't have matching data somewhere else in my query, the first thing I
      have to do is rearrange my query so that the table that may or may not
      have data is first. Then, outer joins can bring in the rest of the data
      you need.

      So, for your query, I'd do something along the lines of:

      SELECT some_fields
      FROM camera
      LEFT OUTER JOIN users ON camera.some_key = users.some_permission

      Maybe that's enough to give you the idea.

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic