Re: [SPURLIN] Spurling-----Pittman

  • mikeshore1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , May 1, 2000
      May 1, 2000

      Judy,

      I am looking for information on my Spurling side from West Virginia, but they
      also may have come from Virginia. My great grandfather's name is John Albert
      of Albert John and his wife was Bessie Bartholow. The last information is
      that they lived in Marion County, WV. Do you have any connection or
      information that could help me? I am at a dead end.

      Thanks,

      Mike Shore
    • TURKEY111@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , May 1, 2000
        sorry haven't come accross those names
      • JudyHam@aol.com
        Message 3 of 17 , May 1, 2000
          Sorry. I don't think I have anything that would help you. What are the
          dates you know?

          My ggggrandfather was born 1802 in Fairfax Co., VA. Then the family moved to
          Kentucky and on to Missouri. However, his father was to have had something
          like 22 children--they may have gone to WVA.

          Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

          Judy
        • maxspurlin@cs.com
          Message 4 of 17 , May 4, 2000
            thank you for the reply
          • maxspurlin@cs.com
            Message 5 of 17 , May 4, 2000
              did the spurlin name originate around or in va. it seems like it did...?
            • TURKEY111@aol.com
              Message 6 of 17 , May 4, 2000
                Not sure myself
                sometimes i get the feeling every one of the hunts and there is plenty are
                all gonna be related in some way lol
              • maxspurlin@cs.com
                Message 7 of 17 , May 5, 2000
                  it does seem that way ....but all of my relatives that i know of all live in
                  N.C. which are several......max.
                • maxspurlin@cs.com
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 5, 2000
                    do you have any relatives in N.C. ?????
                  • Norman Spurling
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 15, 2000
                      Yes, I was born in NC and descend from the Lincoln-Cleveland Co. line.

                      Norman

                    • maxspurlin@cs.com
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 18, 2000
                        can you tell me more about the area and people you know?
                      • maxspurlin@cs.com
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 18, 2000
                          yes all my relatives live in n.c
                        • maxspurlin@cs.com
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 18, 2000
                            With a reply like that im sure we are not related in any form or
                            fashon......max s.
                          • Norman Spurling
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jul 18, 2000
                              I don't know what your interest is, and to be honest, I don't have time to just start writing unfocussed emails. I have hundreds of pages of info on VA, NC and many other states. Were your descendants from the Lincoln-Cleveland-Rutherford group or the
                              Ashe-Allegheny County group? Some Spurlings also came across the border from TN back into far western NC. I'd need to know the time period and place to be able to share any worthwhile tidbits with you.

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jul 18, 2000
                                THERE IS SHARING INFO AND THEN THERE IS WHAT I AM SEEING HERE.......IF YOU
                                CAN'T FIND THE TIME TO FHELP A FELLOW SEARCHER WHY BE SARCASTIC ABOUT IT??????
                              • Norman Spurling
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jul 19, 2000
                                  >From Norman Spurling to Max, Diana and the Spurling group
                                  I apologize if anyone took my response to be sarcastic. It was a late night, weary response and I meant to ill will. I have tried to help people many times a week over the course of the last few years, and I thought my message was clear that I do have tidbits
                                  to share. I was expressing the need to know enough to make any kind of worthwhile response. We may all have Spurling stories to share, but I don't even know what part of NC Max is from. I had already told what part of NC I derived from, but I did not get
                                  that information about him. Shouldn't I have, if he wants others to share? Was there some previous message that I did not receive? It seemed to me that it would have been helpful for Max to have shared that if he wanted others to talk about people they know.
                                  The next message I got from him was the general message asking for more information. We may or not be related, but in order to see if I could help, we need to focus more on the particular area of his interest.

                                  I'm sorry if my tone was tired. Many have asked me for special requests, and I have done all I could to share information. I do want to see Spurlings share information, but my hope is that it will as useful as possible. Again, I meant no offense.

                                  Norman Spurling

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jul 19, 2000
                                    A typo: I meant to type that I meant NO ill will. It's too late to be typing. Sorry.
                                    Norman