Hello!

  • Lonnie Spurlin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2000
      Hi,

      My name is Lonnie D. Spurlin. I currently live in the Raleigh, NC area and
      am trying to get back into my family research. I started back in the
      mid-80's and accumulated quite a bit of information. However, my job (and
      getting married!) put a damper on the whole project. During that time, I
      corresponded quite a bit with Norman Spurling and still have the information
      that we shared. I have noticed Norman's name quite a bit in this forum and
      in the GenForum (?) and it is good to know that he is still in the
      "business". In the future I hope to "meet" him and as many of the other
      Spurlin, Spurling, Sperlin, Sperling researchers that I can. For now,
      however, my information is as follows:

      * Lonnie David Spurlin b. 1955- d. Not yet, Sparta, NC
      o Leonard Ether Spurlin b. 1913 Grayson Co. VA, d.1980 Ennice, NC
      * Steve Jackson Spurlin b. 189-, d. 197- (the dates are at home)
      Alleghany Co. NC
      * Eli Spurlin b. 184-, d. 19-(again, I have the dates at home, Ashe
      Co. (Same area as all above; Alleghany created from Ashe in 1859)
      o John Spurlin, Abt. Dates at home, Ashe or Surry, (Same area; Ashe
      created from Surry)
      * Jackson Spurlin, Working on this one, Same area.
      * Zachariah Spurlin(g), Dates at home, Original Spurlin(g) in
      Alleghany-Ashe-Surry area: copies of land grants at home.
      o ? Would love to know.

      I will be most happy to share what limited information (in addition to
      above) that I have.

      Norman,
      I have heard that you have published a book on our families' history. If it
      is still available, I would be interested in a copy.

      If anyone else knows about available publications, I would appreciate
      information on them also.

      My email is lspurlin@... <mailto:lspurlin@...>
      and my home phone number is 919-362-4063.

      Thanks in advance,

      Lonnie
    • bespurli@Oakland.edu
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2000
        I am also interested in the book

        Emperor: The flower that blooms in adversity
        is the rarest and most beautiful of all.
        -Disney's "Mulan"
      • Leonard Chapel
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2000
          >If anyone else knows about available publications, I would appreciate
          >information on them also.
          >
          >My email is lspurlin@...
          ><mailto:lspurlin@...>
          >and my home phone number is 919-362-4063.
          >
          >Thanks in advance,
          >
          >Lonnie

          Lonnie,

          Visit this site: http://mountainheritage.freeservers.com

          My wife has compiled obit abstracts from two Baptist Assn's and is currently
          working on the third. The first is ready now, and the second will be within
          a few weeks.

          In the Union Baptist book, the first book, the name Spurlin/Spurling is
          mentioned 23 times. In the Little River Regular Baptist book, the name is
          mentioned 10 times.

          Len