Introducing myself

  • JayWay2@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 1999
      Hello All,
      My name is Terri (Rouse) Spurling. I have been searching for my husband's
      line of Arkansas SPURLINGs for quite some time. The earliest we can prove is
      John A. "Jack" Spurling, my husband's great grandfather. According to
      Arkansas Federal Land Records he homesteaded land in Montgomery County
      Arkansas - dated 1 October 1901. My huband's parents still live on part of
      that land.

      I have found other SPURLINGs besides Jack in Montgomery County during the same
      time period but have not been able to connect them. I am trying to find where
      Jack was born and who were his parents. Any information would be much
      appreciated.

      Thank you,
      Terri

      Descendants of John A. "Jack" Spurling
      Generation No. 1

      1. JOHN A. "JACK"1 SPURLING was born Abt. 1867, and died Abt. 1944. He
      married NANCY FRYAR, daughter of WILLIAM FRYAR and VICTORIA BOLES.
      Children of JOHN SPURLING and NANCY FRYAR are:
      2. i. ANDREW WILL2 SPURLING, b. April 16, 1896; d. February 22, 1934.
      ii. LIGE SPURLING, b. May 10, 1892, Oden, AR; d. ?

      Generation No. 2

      2. ANDREW WILL2 SPURLING (JOHN A. "JACK"1) was born April 16, 1896, and died
      February 22, 1934. He married ELLA MAE TROTTER.
      Children of ANDREW SPURLING and ELLA TROTTER are:
      i. CLEO WILL3 SPURLING, b. February 26, 1923.
      ii. WILLIAM LEO SPURLING, b. October 06, 1925.
      3. iii. JOHN D. SPURLING, b. March 13, 1933, Oden, Arkansas.

      Generation No. 3

      3. JOHN D.3 SPURLING (ANDREW WILL2, JOHN A. "JACK"1) was born March 13, 1933
      in Oden, Arkansas. He married DORA ELLASTENE QUALLS July 18, 1958, daughter
      of THOMAS QUALLS and LURA LAMB.
      Children of JOHN SPURLING and DORA QUALLS are:
      4. i. JOHNNY WAYNE4 SPURLING, b. February 19, 1960, St. Joseph's Hospital,
      Hot Springs, AR.
      5. ii. BRUCE ALLEN SPURLING, b. February 11, 1963, Van Buren, Arkansas.
    • Norman Spurling1
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13, 1999
        Hi Terri,
        I'm sorry I haven't had time to really look through my data since
        receiving this message. I will look again to see if I have anything
        new. Seems like we corresponded on this matter last year. I'll check
        through my latest notes in the next couple of days and try to get back
        with you.

        Norman Spurling