I am passing this info on a 14 yr girl in Need of Negative Donors ASAP

  • bobsmetalsmithing
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 2, 2009
      I hope all that read this message are in good health and well, but I hope you
      can find it in your hearts to help.

      I am looking for A Neg donors. Yeah I know its like looking for a needle in a
      haystack!

      My partners sister is 14 yrs old and weighs 22kg...... she is very sick. She is
      suffering from Rhumatic heart disease and Conjenital heart disease, plus a
      couple of seconary problems. So far this year she has been in hospital 4 times,
      around 6 months in total. Just buying time until now. The doctors say she needs
      Open Heart Surgery to save her life.

      The surgery is not the problem, its finding about 10 people willing to donate a
      unit of A neg. Without the blood they will not operate!

      Please, if you or someone you know is A neg and willing to give this girl a
      chance, get in touch. 09195257576.

      We dont need it right now, we just need your pledge to help when the hospital is
      ready to operate, in about 6 weeks we hope.

      She is currently in the Perpetual Succour Hospital in Cebu.
    • Andy Mein
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 2, 2009
        am A rhe neg,  am in UK, but will be in dumaguete in end of month til 2nd week of october.
        But, i tried to give blood at the dumaguete red cross before and they would not accept it, because i am not resident there.
        i will be escorting 88yr old so cant dump him and cross to cebu..  not without problems
        See if you can arrange anything at dumaguete and i will willingly give my blood

        Andy

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 3, 2009
          Hi andy,
          Thx for that, I will say a yes for now and we can work out the fine details later. I have just called the hospital and they say you CAN donate its no problem for them. The problem is getting it here. Its ok in transport as long as the temp is betwwen 1c  and 8c. So donating there and transporting it should be ok, However if the redcross wont extract it from you we will be up shit creek! I know you cant just dump your companion but there is not an imeadiate rush. Could it be scheduled so that another can stay with him for a few hours while you visit cebu? I am sure we can find a solution, to the problem, how is the question. How fraile is your companion? maybe he could accompany you and visit us here as well?

          Anyway, Please do reserve your blood for Sharmine.

          I posted some more pics tonight. If you would like to have a look ...     http://profiles.friendster.com/114681210

          My cell phone here is 09195257576 the land line is 0063322623463.

          What ever happens, thank you so much for offering.

          Regards,

          Brendan.

          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 4, 2009
            Brendan,

            You may find other donors by viewing the "Database" on this group. Here is the
            direct link, if you are logged into Yahoo:

            (If you are a member here, and are willing to donate, please add your current
            contact information and blood type, to that database.)

            If the hospital will okay for me to transport the blood from Dumaguete, I will
            purchase a cooler specifically for this and will go fetch any donations from
            there that can be made. I live in Carcar, Cebu. Worse case travel time from
            Dumaguete to Cebu should be no more than 6 hours, outside.

            I know someone in Dumaguete who may be willing to bring it up to, if that will
            be faster. I will have to contact him first though, to ask.

            Please let me know if I can be of service: 0919-443-2439

            Unfortunately, my blood type is AB+. So, I can't donate to help her.

            Paul
            http://www.livingincebuforums.com
            http://www.iideasstore.com/113.html

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 12, 2009
              Yes keep me informaed people.

              am arriving dumaguete 22nd in the evening and will be there until 10th oct with my A rh Neg blood spilling over.  am then available on my smart cell
              +639284305307

              My asawa has said that we will both travel over toc ebu when i give blood, together with my 6month old son, and leave my old friend (88) in the care of her family when we make the daytrip.  Or might overnight as i did the minibus ride before and my ass hurt for days after. (21 people in a 12 seater).

              What is the planned date of operation and what sort of date are you going to want the blood donated. It has a shelf life.

              Andy

              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 12, 2009
                Sharmine needs to overcome a number of general health issues before she's strong enough for heart surgery.  I was told she needs 3 separate open heart operations . . . It's going to be really tough for her . . . I think that realistically she needs at least a month to regain her full strength / sufficient general health before the surgery can start . . . then there's the problem of funding . . . heart surgery at least a million pesos per operation (I guess) . . . Whether or not it will ever be possible for this to happen no one can say for sure . . . regardless of this, it's important to give all possible assitance for her to recover her general health . . . so that she can go home and spend her last days with her family, or in the scenario that she can get the surgery to prolong her life, she will be ready for it . . .

                Let's do all we can to build up an A- blood supply for her, shelf life is about 3 months . . . ?

                As per my earlier post, the family is depending on funding from outside sources (PCSO / GMA) which we hope will be successful.  Immediate concern is getting enough money together *now* for her present hospital stay in the private room to be extended one or two weeks.

                Room charge is about P1,100 per day.  I'm willing to contribte something but cannot shoulder all.  I'm now asking anyone who can spare some cash to please come forward with your contributions to help Sharmine.  I will ensure proper accounting of all contributions . .

                Thank you,

                RonW.
                _________________
                ron_winkley @...

                [remove space in e-address before using it]

                Presently at home
                Timezone GMT +8

                Phone:
                +63
                921
                562
                7299

                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 13, 2009
                  --- In SOS_Philippines@yahoogroups.com, "Ronald S. Winkley" <ron_winkley@...> wrote:

                  > Sharmine needs ... cut ...
                  >
                  > As per my earlier post, the family is depending on funding from
                  > outside sources (PCSO / GMA) which we hope will be successful....
                  > ... cut

                  I want to clarify the above statement. There is a limited amount of funding being received from friends, well-wishers . . . Reference to PCSO / GMA was meant only as a possible source of funding for the major cost item of open heart surgery . . .

                  Joy, the sister of Sharmine, with whom I am communicating, let me know that she just received £130 which will allow her to cover the hospital expenses for the next "3 to 4 days"

                  So,we're looking at a fairly urgent requirement for more funding ...

                  With best wishes to all concerned,

                  Cheers,

                  RonW.
                • Daisy Cline
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 13, 2009
                    I also have it posted here... http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=13599
                    Hope this will get some help too...

                    daisy

                    On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 10:46 PM, ron_winkley <ron_winkley@...> wrote:

                    --- In SOS_Philippines@yahoogroups.com, "Ronald S. Winkley" <ron_winkley@...> wrote:

                    > Sharmine needs ... cut ...

                    > As per my earlier post, the family is depending on funding from
                    > outside sources (PCSO / GMA) which we hope will be successful....
                    > ... cut

                    I want to clarify the above statement. There is a limited amount of funding being received from friends, well-wishers . . . Reference to PCSO / GMA was meant only as a possible source of funding for the major cost item of open heart surgery . . .

                    Joy, the sister of Sharmine, with whom I am communicating, let me know that she just received £130 which will allow her to cover the hospital expenses for the next "3 to 4 days"

                    So,we're looking at a fairly urgent requirement for more funding ...

                    With best wishes to all concerned,

                    Cheers,

                    RonW.

                  • arlene_winkley
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 13, 2009
                      Hi Daisy,

                      Thanks for the post on livingincebuforums. Obviously next step is the required bank account details . . . I will get a dedicated account for the "Sharmine Fund" setup tomorrow and post the details here.

                      Cheers,

                      RonW.

                      --- In SOS_Philippines@yahoogroups.com, Daisy Cline <daisycline@...> wrote:

                      > I also have it posted here...
                      > http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=13599
                      > Hope this will get some help too...
                      >
                      > daisy
                      >

                      > On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 10:46 PM, ron_winkley <ron_winkley@...>wrote:
                      >

                      > > --- In SOS_Philippines@yahoogroups.com <SOS_Philippines%40yahoogroups.com>,
                      > > "Ronald S. Winkley" <ron_winkley@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Sharmine needs ... cut ...
                      > > >
                      > > > As per my earlier post, the family is depending on funding from
                      > > > outside sources (PCSO / GMA) which we hope will be successful....
                      > > > ... cut
                      > >
                      > > I want to clarify the above statement. There is a limited amount of funding
                      > > being received from friends, well-wishers . . . Reference to PCSO / GMA was
                      > > meant only as a possible source of funding for the major cost item of open
                      > > heart surgery . . .
                      > >
                      > > Joy, the sister of Sharmine, with whom I am communicating, let me know that
                      > > she just received £130 which will allow her to cover the hospital expenses
                      > > for the next "3 to 4 days"
                      > >
                      > > So,we're looking at a fairly urgent requirement for more funding ...
                      > >
                      > > With best wishes to all concerned,
                      > >
                      > > Cheers,
                      > >
                      > > RonW.

                    • ron_winkley
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 13, 2009
                        PS: I used Arlene's e-address by mistake to send the below message.
                        To clarify, She has no involvement in this . . .

                        Cheers,

                        RonW.

                        --- In SOS_Philippines@yahoogroups.com, "arlene_winkley"<arlene_winkley@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Daisy,
                        >
                        > Thanks for the post on livingincebuforums. Obviously next step is the required bank account details . . . I will get a dedicated account for the "Sharmine Fund" setup tomorrow and post the details here.
                        >
                        > Cheers,
                        >
                        > RonW.
                        >
                        > --- In SOS_Philippines@yahoogroups.com, Daisy Cline <daisycline@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I also have it posted here...
                        > > http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=13599
                        > > Hope this will get some help too...
                        > >
                        > > daisy
                        > >

                        > > On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 10:46 PM, ron_winkley <ron_winkley@>wrote:
                        > >

                        > > > --- In SOS_Philippines@yahoogroups.com <SOS_Philippines%40yahoogroups.com>,

                        > > > I want to clarify the above statement. There is a limited amount of funding
                        > > > being received from friends, well-wishers . . . Reference to PCSO / GMA was
                        > > > meant only as a possible source of funding for the major cost item of open
                        > > > heart surgery . . .
                        > > >
                        > > > Joy, the sister of Sharmine, with whom I am communicating, let me know that
                        > > > she just received £130 which will allow her to cover the hospital expenses
                        > > > for the next "3 to 4 days"
                        > > >
                        > > > So,we're looking at a fairly urgent requirement for more funding ...
                        > > >
                        > > > With best wishes to all concerned,
                        > > >
                        > > > Cheers,
                        > > >
                        > > > RonW.

                      • ron_winkley
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 15, 2009
                          Hi to All,

                          I've just uploaded a couple of pictures of Sharmine

                          Now you can see the girl who continues to need our help. These pictures were taken on 05 September while Sharmine was still in the public ward. She's holding the soft toys my kids gave her together with our photo . . .

                          More funding is required to keep her in the private room she now occupies . . . still need to check her progress with the doctor but my hunch is she'll be ready to return home in about 10 days . . .

                          Let's be sure to get enough money together for her complete her present treatment in the private room . . .

                          Cheers,

                          RonW.
                        • daisy_cline
                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 16, 2009
                            Hi Ron!

                            Please contact this guy from LIC forum: Thanks

                            Hi,
                            I have A- Blood Type. I'm willing to Donate.
                            Pls. Contact me and tell me what to do.

                            reich31e@...

                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 16, 2009
                              Thanks,

                              I have already contacted him . .

                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 20, 2009
                                I got this from LIC...

                                Is there any news about Sharmine?
                                Is she still in hospital?
                                --------------------
                                Kind regards

                                Ove

                                 Thanks.

                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 21, 2009
                                  Hi to All,

                                  The latest news is that I was at the hospital today to give blood to Sharmine, one unit successfully donated. She still needs more time to overcome whatever infections still being fought. She lost some weight during the last week which I must admit rather shocked me. She's getting better they said, so I expected to see her gaining weight. The doctor said that an effect of her infection was fluid retention. Infection receding = less fluid retention = a slimmer Sharmine . . but I don't know, really . . .

                                  I will be going back to work again soon, this time the project is offshore Libya - so I will be unable to manage the Sharmine Fund. Therefore I have passed responsibility for this primarily to Brendon Hedges who now holds the ATM card. For those who don't know, Brendan is married to Joy, a sister of Sharmine and they have already been caring for her for a long time. I'm sure the fund is in good hands and will be managed responsibly. Details of disbursements from the fund will be posted here. As of the last balance check I made yesterday the fund still stood at P24,000.00

                                  From now on I leave it up to Brendan / Joy to post further comments here as necessary. I know for sure that a lot more funding will be required for Sharmine to get better . . .

                                  Thanks again to all who care and share . .

                                  with metta

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 23, 2009
                                    Ok am in Dumaguete now at home, and am able to pop over during next couple of weeks to donate a unit of A rh Neg. If you need it in a hurry just call me on 09284305307 and will arrange travel quickly.

                                    Andy

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Sep 27, 2009
                                      Hi Andy,

                                      Its good to know you are close to hand. As Ron has told you she is getting better, but its a slow process. Sharmine is looking better now,  than she did a few weeks ago. I think that because she has been ill for so long its hard for us to comment about her wieght and what it looks like on her, all i know is she wieghed 23.5kg last weekend, I saw that with my own eyes. Not good I know.

                                      According to her consultant she is on track as far as her infections are concerned, and he says a 4 to 6 week time frame is normal.

                                      --------------- This is an open message to all ---------------------

                                      To those that have given, in any way we thank you very much. To those who are waiting to help either by donating blood when we need it, or maybe a little cash into the fund we would be so greatful.

                                      Sharmine has been deteriorating for over a year now and is now the sickest she has been. She needs to have surgery to repair a blood vessel going into her heart and then a little later have a defective valve replaced.

                                      I have posted some pics on her frendster account for you to see. sharminedemecillo@...

                                      Once again thank you all and we will keep you posted as things develop.

                                      As we use some of your money for sharmine I will scan the recipts etc and post them here so you can see whats being spent etc.

                                      Best wishes to you all

                                      Brendan and Joy.

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Oct 3, 2009
                                        Ok I need an update on the sharmine case.   I am still in Dumaguete, but only for the next week, after which i return to UK.   If the blood is still needed, then get in touch with me, and i will plan a daytrip to cebu, to give blood and then return here.
                                        I will need to know who to meet up with, and where, contact number, so i can arrange which day i try to cross over and get it done.
                                        My cell number is 09284305307 or home number is 0354198122. not sure how to come over there yet, boat, plane, bus?

                                        I have posted some pics on her frendster account for you to see. sharminedemecillo@ yahoo.com