FW: Syriacmusic choir in New Jersey, USA

  • Thomas Joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2009

      Syriacmusic.com

      Our ambition with Syriacmusic.com is to preserve and promote Syriac Music’s rich traditions

      Syriacmusic choir in New Jersey USA

      Two concerts will be held in New Jersey on May 2nd and 3rd

      Once again Syriac Music is going toward the scene to give its lovely audience another chance to go back to their beautiful and nostalgia times. But this time the scene will be in New Jersey, USA.

      Syriacmusic choir established in February 2003 to preserve the syriac music heritage. For that purpose Syriacmusic choir pre­sented many concerts in Sweden (the country of origin). Now Syriacmusic choir is looking outdoors toward the USA. We mentioned that one of the best methods of publishing our music is to perform concerts. More than 5000 spectators watched the Syriacmusic choir’s work in Sweden.

      After a generous invitation from H.E. Bishop Afram Karim, the Patriarchal vicar of the parish of Eastern US, our contacts be­gan. The community in New Jersey arranged to the program and removed all the obstacles that appeared in the way.

      On May 1st the choir will arrive to NJ-Paramus where we are going to present two performances. The first concert will be a church music concert under the theme “Passion”. This concert will take place in St. Marc’s Cathedral on Saturday May 2nd at 7:00 PM. “Moments of Nostalgia” is the name of the second show which will be performed at the stage of the Virgin Mary Church Social Hall in Paramus on Sunday May 3rd at 8:00 PM.

      In our two US concerts we will continue our journey with the old Syriac songs both forms church and folklore. Syriacmusic choir will sing with the accompaniment of a full oriental or­chestra in both concerts.

      We are waiting to see you on Saturday May 2nd at 7:00 PM

      in St. Marc’s Cathedral NJ

      And on Sunday May 3rd at 8:00 PM

      In Virgin Mary Church Social Hall in Paramus

      For tickets please contact:

      Naim: 201-927-8000

      George T Saliba: 201-370-0681

      and Sait Samuel: 201-988-4985