Christmas message from Catholicose Aboon Mor Baselious Thomas I

  • Chev. Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2008
      Christmas message from Catholicose Aboon Mor Baselious Thomas I

      CHRISTMAS – THE CELEBRATION OF LIFE

      Let's thank god for giving us an opportunity to commemorate the birth
      of Jesus Christ our savior. Christmas is the time of happiness and
      celebration all over the world. The celebration has become a business
      for the people in the modern world. In the midst of celebrations, the
      spiritual meaning of the birth of Jesus Christ has often been
      forgotten. In true sense, Christmas is the celebration of Life. The
      birth of Jesus Christ reveals the life giving God's involvement in
      history. Verses John 10.10 gives the great message of birth of Jesus
      Christ. "I have come that they might have life, and they might have
      it more abundantly." In this verse lord has given us the purpose of
      His coming. Jesus Christ was born in this world to give His life for
      all.

      Life is an important subject in the Holy Bible it is used more than
      35 times in the gospel of St. John. In the holy bible, life is
      considered as the gift of God because the base of nature and life is
      God himself. In Old Testament God is represented as a living god.
      (1st Samuel 17: 26 to 36) The concept of living God clearly assures
      us the fact that God provides life. Only God can provide life and
      sustain it.

      The incarnate birth of Jesus testifies that the living God dwelt
      among us. The living God of Old Testament is completely seen in
      Jesus. Jesus Christ makes the subject more clear in St. John 14:6 "I
      am the way the truth and the life"

      Jesus Christ provides life by fighting against all the evil forces.
      The purpose of god's kingdom is re-construction of life. The ministry
      of Jesus Christ displays that all the obstacles were taken away to
      keep life in its fullness. St. Like 4:18, 19 clearly gives the
      message of the birth of Jesus Christ and that all facts that object
      life is revealed and given to men.

      The Christmas celebration of this year is an invitation for all of us
      to be a part in Gods ministry for providing life .Many lives are
      being aborted due to the reformation of world economy and
      consumerism; it is the main hindrance for the prosperous growth of
      man's life in this modern society. This truth reinforces that
      abortion is an act against God himself.

      Today not only is man's life but also nature's existence in danger.
      We must work hand in hand to put into practice the important purpose
      of the birth of Jesus Christ. Let a Christian's duty be celebration
      of life. The Christmas celebration of this year challenges us to keep
      life prosperous which is given by god. Along with that let us pray
      for the people who lost their life in Mumbai terrorist attack and
      other crisis in this modern world.

      Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

      H.B. MOR BASELIOUS THOMAS IST
      Catholicose Of India & Metropolitan Trustee
      Jacobite Syrian Christian Church