HIS HOLINESS ARAM I, SHENOUDA II AND ZAKKA I CALL FOR A MUTUAL UNDERSTANDINGS

  • Chev. Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2008
      HIS HOLINESS ARAM I, PATRIARCHS SHENOUDA II AND ZAKKA I CALL FOR A
      MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE CHURCHES OF JERUSALEM

      Meeting in the Coptic Patriarchate of Cairo, His Holiness Aram I of
      the Holy See of Cilicia and His Holiness Patriarch Shenouda III
      released a joint declaration with regard to the sad incident between
      Armenians and Greeks in Jerusalem recently. The Spiritual Leader of
      the Syrian Orthodox Church, His Holiness Patriarch Zakka I expressed
      his support for the declaration.

      In their joint declaration the spiritual leaders expressed sadness at
      the clashes between the two groups. They emphasized the respect for
      the historic rights of all churches in Jerusalem and the importance
      for resolving misunderstandings and sensitivities through mutual
      understand. The declaration also stressed the need to strengthen
      Christian unity in the Middle East.

      His Holiness Aram I visited Cairo on a one-day trip to meet with
      Patriarch Shenouda II. He was accompanied by Bishop Nareg Alemezian.

      SOCM News Bureau