His Holiness Abba Paulos visits His Holiness Patriarch Mor Ignatius Zakka Iwas-I

  • Chev. Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2008
      His Holiness Abba Paulos visits His Holiness Patriarch Mor Ignatius
      Zakka Iwas-I

      The Patriarch of Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church His Holiness Abba
      Paulos visits His Holiness Mor Ignatius Zakka Iwas I on a short
      visit - 20,21st November 2008. The group with 9 delegates consisting
      of 5 Bishops, 1 Monk 1 Priest and 2 Lay officials of the church
      reached Damascus on 20 November 2008 and met His Holiness at Mor
      Aphrem Seminary, Ma'arat Seydnaya. This is the first time His
      Holiness Abba Paulos visits His Holiness Mor Ignatius Zakka Iwas I.
      On 20 November 2008 morning H.H Abba Paulos accompanied by our H.H
      Zakka Iwas I, visited the president of Syria, Dr. Bashar Al Assad,
      who welcomed them warmly.

      The Holy Ethiopian Orthodox Church with 45 million faithful in
      Ethiopia and 5 million in Diaspora, around 500000 clergy, 1200
      monasteries etc., is a flourishing church. The church is one among
      the Oriental Orthodox family having full inter-communion with Holy
      Syriac Orthodox Church.

      For photos and text of welcome address of His Holiness Mor Ignatius
      Zakka I Iwas, please visit:-

      http://www.socmnet.org/HH_Ptriarch_of_Ethiopia_visiting_SOC_11-
      2008.htm

      SOCM News Bureau