The historic 4th Apostolic Visit of the Patriarch to Malankara ends;

  • Chev. Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2008
      The historic 4th Apostolic Visit of the Patriarch to Malankara ends;
      His Holiness left for Damascus

      After completing the historic 4th apostolic visit to Malankara the
      Patriarch of Antioch and all the East, His Holiness Moran Mor
      Ignatius Zakka I Iywas, head of the Universal Syrian Orthodox Church,
      left for Damascus via Dubai today (29 October 2008) morning 9:30 am
      from the Nedumbassery International Airport. His Beatitude the
      Catholicos Aboon Mor Baselios Thomas I, Metropolitans, Corepiscopos,
      Rambans, Priests, Lay leaders, Kerala Legislative Assembly Members,
      Government Officials and a large number of faithful were present in
      the Airport to bid farewell to their beloved spiritual father. His
      Holiness the Patriarch and the delegation once again thanked the
      faithful in India for the love and affection they are showering
      towards the Holy See.

      Canonization of three fathers of Syriac Orthodox Church; Maphryono
      Mor Baselios Shakralla (AD 1764, Kandanad), Mor Coorilos Yuyakkim,
      the Patrirachal delegate (AD 1874, Mulanthuruthy) and Mor Coorilos
      Paulose Kochuparamabil, the former Malankara Metropolitan and the
      regional head of the Church in India (AD 1917, Panampady) was one of
      the main event of this Apostolic visit.

      The year-long sacerdotal Golden jubilee celebrations of the
      Catholicos Aboon Mor Baselios Thomas I, the regional head of the
      Syrian Christian Church of India, came to an end on 19 October 2008
      with a grand reception given to His Holiness the Patriarch and His
      Beatitude the Catholicos at the Marine Drive grounds in Kochi. As
      many as 1,00,000 faithful attended the function held, to welcome His
      Holiness the Patriarch on his 4th Apostolic visit to India and to
      facilitate the Catholicos on his sacerdotal Golden jubilee.

      His Holiness also attended, Syrian Christian Association, Managing
      committee and Holy Synod.

      The 4th Apostolic visit of Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iywas to
      Malankara which lasted for 12-days was in fact a historic one. The
      people thronged in every place to have a glimpse of their supreme
      spiritual leader. His Holiness conquered the heart of millions and
      strengthened the centuries old ties the Church in Malankara has with
      the Holy See of St. Peter.

      This visit of the Patriarch was one of the most memorable events in
      the history of the Malankara Church.

      For more details, please visit:
      http://www.syrianchurch.org/AV2008/index.htm