Patriarch canonises Maphriyano Sakkralla Mor Baselios

  • Chev. Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2008
      Patriarch canonises Maphriyano Sakkralla Mor Baselios

      The Patriarch His Holiness Moran Mor Iganatius Zakka I Iwas, raised
      Sakkralla Mor Baselios Maphriyano to sainthood at a ceremony
      organized at the St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian Church, Kandanad, where
      the saint is entombed. The Patriarch, accompanied by Catholicose and
      metropolitans also raised the St. Mary's Church to the status of a
      Cathedral.

      Sakkralla Mor Baselios Maphriyano is the second of the holy fathers
      of the Jacobite Church being canonised in a span of two days, taking
      the total number of saints in the Church to eight.

      The Patriarch will also beatify Paulose Mor Kurilose at a function
      being organized at Panampady, Kottayam, on Friday.

      The Patriarch who is on his 4th Apostolic visit to India had declared
      Euyakim Mor Kurlios a saint at a ceremony organized on Monday at
      Mulanthuruthy Mar Thoman Church.

      BIOGRAPHY of Maphryono
      http://www.syrianchurch.org/bio/MorShakralla.htm

      SOCM News Bureau - Kochi