His Holiness Aram I visited Patriarch His Holiness Ignatius Zakka I Iwas

  • Chev. Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2008
      His Holiness Aram I visited Patriarch His Holiness Ignatius Zakka I
      Iwas in Damascus

      On 09 September 2008 evening His Holiness Aram I and the delegation
      visited Patriarch Zakka I Iwas in the Syrian Church's summer
      residence. The Synod of Syrian Bishops is underway presently. Upon
      his arrival, His Holiness was received by the Patriarch and the
      Bishops.

      Patriarch Zakka I warmly welcomed the Pontiff underlining the
      friendly relations between the two churches. The Patriarch recalled
      the Fellowship between the Coptic and Syrian Churches and the
      Catholicosate of Cilicia, set up by the efforts of His Holiness Aram
      I 12 years ago.

      Making a brief overview of the relations between the Armenian and
      Syrian Churches, His Holiness Aram I said: "Our two churches have had
      the same theological approach and have together against all external
      heretical movements. We must further strengthen our cooperation in a
      world in which we are facing many challenges patching the daily life
      of our communities. He called upon the Bishops to continue the strong
      cooperation between the two churches with the same spirit
      particularly at the level of the Dioceses."

      The meeting was followed by a reception during which Syrian Bishops
      asked His Holiness questions about theological and ecumenical issues.

      To view the photos: http://socmnet.org/Aram_Zakka_09sept08.htm