Malankara Church is today blessed with two more Metropolitans

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2008
      Malankara Church is today blessed with two more Metropolitans as the
      bishop-designates were consecrated as new shepherds.

      His Holiness Patriarch Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas consecrated
      Very Rev. Raban Sthepahnos ( Kuriakose Mor Clemis) and Very Rev. Raban
      Shemavun (Palouse Mor Ireneous) as the metropolitans for the of
      Idukki and Calicut of Malankara Church at the Monastery of St. Aphrem
      the Syrian, in Ma`rrat Sayyidnaya, Damascus, Syria on 24 August 2008.

      The Catholicos His Beatitude Aboon Mor Baselious Thomas I, Mor
      Timotheos Aphrem Aboodi (Former Patriarchal Vicar for Canada), Mor
      Theophilos George Saliba (Secretary to the Holy Synod), Mor Gregorios
      Joseph (Metropolitan of Kochi Diocese & Malankara Episcopal Synod
      Secretary), Mor Selwanos Petros AL-nemeh ( Metropolitan of Homs &
      Hama), Mor Philexinos Mathias Nayis (Patriarchal Assistant &
      Metropolitan of St. Aphrem Theological Seminary, Ma'arrat Saidnaya,
      Damascus) , Mor Severios Malke Mourad (Patriarchal-Vicar for
      Jerusalem & Jordan), Mor Justinos Paulos Yousef Safar (Patriarchal-
      Vicariate of Zahle & Beqa', Zahle, Lebanon.), Mor Aphrem Mathews
      (Angamali Highrange Area ) assisted His Holiness in the consecration
      ceremonies.

      It was also attended by a large gathering of Rabans (Monks), Priests,
      Deacons, Nuns, the Syrian Orthodox Faithful and other Distinguished
      Guests from Syria, India and and 40 Syriac Orthodox Faithful from
      Malankara.

      Glory to God for granting our Holy Church another two more
      Metropolitans.

      Photos: http://www.socmnet.org/Aug242008.htm

      SOCM News Bureau - Damascus, Syria