"Shubho" - Radio Malankara - - A new venture of SOCM

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2008
      "Shubho" - Radio Malankara - - A new venture of SOCM

      Dear All

      Barakmore / Shlomo

      On the eve of our 8th birthday, SOCM-Forum is crossing another
      milestone in its development, by adding another activity to its
      operation. We have started an Internet radio named as "Shubho", for
      those members who love to listen the beauty of the Syriac Orthodox
      Worships, liturgical, traditional and special occasions songs, as
      well as hearing spiritual messages. It will be officially broadcasted
      from 10th September 2008.

      In the Syriac Aramaic language, "Shubho" means, "Glory"

      Psalms 150: 1-6 says

      1: Praise ye the LORD.
      Praise God in his sanctuary:

      2: Praise him for his mighty acts:
      praise him according to his excellent greatness.

      3: Praise him with the sound of the trumpet:
      praise him with the psaltery and harp.

      4: Praise him with the timbrel and dance:
      praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

      5: Praise him upon the loud cymbals:
      praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.

      6: Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

      These verses alone is our great inspiration for this project.

      This project is initiated by SOCM-FORUM and it was a collective and
      successful effort of our faithful from different parts of the world.
      The mission of the team behind "Shubho" is to praise HIM and to
      uphold the true faith of the Universal Syriac Orthodox Church, handed
      over to us by our forefathers, as well as to make a platform for all
      Syriac Orthodox Christians around the world to listen the beauty of
      the Holy Syriac Orthodox Church worship. Our vision is to
      take "Shubho" to new heights and to be the premier broadcasting
      station of its kind on internet.

      We are fully aware that the e-radio "Shubho" is presently in its
      infancy and its further development and success will be entirely
      dependent on your right feed back and encouragement. The test
      broadcasting is now started on a 24-hrs basis, and you can hear it on
      the following URL: http://www.radiomalankara.org . We request all of
      you to hear the radio and give us your valuable comments about the e-
      radio.

      Also please support us by remembering this project in your prayers
      and providing us more audio (MP3) recordings of Syriac Orthodox
      worship, songs of different occasions and spiritual talks of our
      prelates, clergy and church recognized lay ministers.

      We submit this project for the ultimate glory of our Lord Almighty
      and for the Holy Church.

      Keep us also in your prayers,

      In Our Lord's Love
      SOCM Forum Moderators.