2 Auxiliary Bishops for Knanaya Archdiocese

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2008
      2 Auxiliary Bishops for Knanaya Archdiocese

      On Wednesday, June 11, 2008, His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I
      Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch, the Supreme Head of our Universal Syrian
      Orthodox Church, celebrated the Holy Qurbono at the St. Peter's & St.
      Paul's Patriarchal Cathedral of the St. Aphrem the Syrian Monastery
      at Ma'arrat Seydnaya, Damascus, Syria, and during the Holy Qurbono,
      His Holiness consecrated Rev. Kuriakose Kolath with the name, " Mor
      Ivanios Kuriakose " and Rev. Job Thottathil with the name, "Mor
      Silvanos Ayoub" as Auxiliary Bishops for Knanaya Archdiocese of
      Malankara.

      Their Eminences Mor Sevarios Kuriakose-Archbishop of Knanaya
      Archdiocese, Mor Gregorios Kuriakose-Metropolitan of Kallisseri
      diocese, Mor Timotheos Aphrem Aboodi - Former Patriarchal Vicar for
      Canada, Mor Theophilos George Saliba- Secretary to the Holy Synod and
      Daniel Mor Clemis of Lebanon attended and assisted His Holiness at
      this blessed consecration ceremony.

      It was also attended by a large gathering of Rabans (Monks), Priests,
      Deacons, Nuns and around 75 Syrian Orthodox Faithful from Malankara.

      Photos of Mor Silvanos Ayoub & Mor Ivanios Kuriakose

      More photos of the Holy consecration will be uploaded as soon as
      possible.

      SOCM News Bureau - Damascus