H.H. Patriarch Ignatius Zakka Iwas I Visits H.H. Catholicos Aram I

  • drthomas_joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2008
      H.H. PATRIARCH MOR IGNATIUS ZAKKA IWAS I VISITS HIS HOLINESS ARAM I

      SOLNews. ANTELIAS, Lebanon - (15.4.2008). The Head of the Syrian
      Orthodox Church, Patriarch Mor Ignatius Zakka Iwas I, arrived in
      Antelias on a special visit from Damascus Tuesday evening.

      The Patriarch met with Catholicos Aram I discussing issues related to
      bilateral relations and cooperation between the two churches. They
      were later joined by the Spiritual Leader of the Ethiopian Orthodox
      Church, Patriarch Abune Paulos, who was on a one-day visit to Antelias.

      The three spiritual leaders discussed prospects for a number of inter-
      church initiatives. Welcoming his friends in Antelias, the His
      Holiness Aram I stressed the need for continued contact and close
      cooperation between the three churches.

      Source: Armenian Catholicosate Of Cilicia