Easter message from His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2008
      BY THE GRACE OF GOD

      Ignatius Zakka I Iwas
      Patriarch of Antioch and All the East
      Supreme Head of the Universal Syrian Orthodox Church

      No.E72/08
      15-March-2008

      Apostolic Benediction to our beloved Metropolitans and our dear
      spiritual children: the Reverend Vicars and the Parishioners of all
      our churches and congregations in the Arabian Gulf Region.

      The Holy Feast of the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ is at
      hand. When describing about the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and
      its relation to baptism, the blessed Apostle Saint Paul, in Romans
      6:4 says: "….just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of
      the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life". When we
      received baptism, we died with Christ in our sin, and rose with Him
      into a new life. In the 6TH chapter of Romans, the Apostle clearly
      explains this new life of a Christian as a new creation in God. In
      Colossians 3:9,10 also we read thus: "seeing that you have put off
      the old nature with its practices and have put on the new nature,
      which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator."
      The Apostle summons us to give up the sinful life of our inherent
      human nature and as new creation in the image of our God, to walk in
      the newness of that new creation. When Jesus Christ resurrected by
      defeating death, that gave a new meaning and a new hope to humanity.
      Now this life of ours is a life of hope and not of despair or of the
      fear of death. In John 12:32, our Lord says: "and I, when I am
      lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself." So He
      attracts all humanity to that new life of hope, where death has no
      power over us. When we enter into that newness of life, we have to
      be new in every aspect of our life. It is not enough to be new in
      our spiritual life alone, but in all our deeds and dealings with our
      co-creatures too. To experience true newness means that every part
      of our life becomes filled with the Holy Spirit – our deeds, our
      words, thoughts, actions, as well as our depth in the spiritual life.

      Another aspect of this new life is that, it is a life of happiness
      and of light. We are to keep that newness and the radiance of the
      new life all through out our lives. We are called to be true lights
      of this world. Jesus commanded: "Let your light so shine before men,
      that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who
      is in heaven.(Matthew 5:16)" Let us pray to our resurrected Lord, to
      renew us everyday day of our life and make us the true witnesses of
      Him giving forth light in the darkness of this world. Our beloved
      spiritual children, we pray that, may our Lord furnish you all with
      the qualities of the new life, so that through each one of you, the
      world may see the light of our creator.

      We wish you all a Blessed and Happy Easter. We extend our Apostolic
      Blessings to you. May the grace of God be with you all. Amen.

      Copy of the Apostolic Encyclical is available at
      http://www.socmnet.org/Resource/Bull/HHEaster_2008.JPG

      ** Reproduced with permission from the Patriarchate. The encyclical
      has been addressed to each Archdiocese as appropriate.

      Posted by
      Chev. Thomas Daniel (Reji)
      http://www.socmnet.org
    • Chev. Thomas Daniel
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 12, 2009
        BY THE GRACE OF GOD

        Ignatius Zakka I Iwas
        Patriarch of Antioch and All the East
        Supreme Head of the Universal Syrian Orthodox Church

        No.E56/09
        05-April-2009

        Apostolic Benediction to our beloved Metropolitans and our dear spiritual children: the Reverend clergy and the faithful of all our Malankara Syrian Jacobite churches and congregations in the Arabian Gulf Region, USA, Europe, Australia and Singapore.

        At this blessed season of the resurrection of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, we have great joy in reaching you all through this message.

        We wish you all a Blessed and Happy Easter and extend our Apostolic Blessings to you. May the grace of God be with you all forever. Amen.

        Full text and copy of the Apostolic Encyclical is available at
        http://socmnet.org/Bull_HH/HH_Easter_Msg_2009.jpg