Holy Synod of MJSCC Starts Today - Patriarch May Visit India Next Year

    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2007
      Holy Synod of MJSCC Starts Today - Patriarch May Visit India Next
      Year

      The Holy Synod of Malankara Jacobite Syrian Christian Church will
      start today (Monday, 21st May) at the Church Head Quarters at
      Purthencruz Patriarchal Centre and will last until 23rd May 2007.
      Secretary of the Holy Synod H.E Dr. Joseph Mor Gregorios informed in
      a press release that the annual retreat for the metropolitans also
      will be held during the days of Holy Synod meeting.

      The Holy Synod will consider the formation of new dioceses,
      especially about Kozhikode, Idukki, Outside Kerala and Greater India
      dioceses.

      The Patriarch of Antioch & All the East H.H. Moran Mor Ignatius
      Zakka I Iwas may be visiting India by October next year, it was
      revealed by the Catholicose H.B. Aboon Mor Baselius Thomas I, after
      his meeting with the Patriarch at Damscus, Syria.

      "We are arranging a one month programme for October next year, which
      includes Bishops Ordination, Mooron Koodasa, Church consecration and
      Association meeting", the spokesman for the Catholicos informed.

      "The Patriarch desires to settle the problems of Malankara Church
      here itself", informed the Holy Synod secretary H.E Dr. Joseph Mor
      Gregorios.

      The Catholicos and the accompanying delegation returned on Saturday,
      after meeting the Patriarch at Damascus.

      SOCM News Bureau - Kochi.