Holy Lent Encyclical from His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2007
      Holy Lent Encyclical from His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I
      Iwas

      IN THE NAME OF THE SELF-EXISTANT
      SEMPITERNAL OF NECESSARY EXISTENCE THE ALMIGHTY
      IGNATIUS PATRIARCH OF THE HOLY SEE OF ANTIOCH AND ALL THE EAST
      SUPREME HEAD OF THE UNIVERSAL SYRIAC ORTHODOX CHURCH
      ZAKKA I, IWAS

      We offer apostolic benediction and benevolent prayers, to our
      brethren, His Beatitude Mor Baselius Thomas I, Catholicos of India,
      and their Eminences the Metropolitans, our spiritual children the
      venerable priests, monks, nuns, deacons and deaconess, and our
      blessed Syriac Orthodox people worldwide. May the divine providence
      embrace them through the intercession of the Virgin Mary, Mother of
      God, and St. Peter, the head of the apostles, and the rest of the
      Martyrs and Saints. Amen

      Meekness and Humbleness

      The Lord Jesus said, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy
      laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn
      from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest
      for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Mathew
      11:28 – 30)

      Dear faithful

      Humbleness and meekness are two heavenly and esteemed virtues. Each
      one completes the other. In our humbleness we glorify God and we
      confess His abundant blessings upon us for He is our creator and
      care taker. We should always continue to give thanks to Him,
      acknowledging our weakness and asking for His mercy. All heavenly
      and earthly gifts that we enjoy in life are free handouts from Him.
      And accordingly, we have no right to boast but rather admit His
      grace and avoid arrogance that takes us away from Him and blocks our
      senses from hearing His words, and leads us to self adoration and
      atheism. We must let humility fill our minds and hearts with the
      light of Christ who will enlighten them with faith and dependency
      upon God and confessing the fact of faith inspired by God Almighty
      in His Holy Bible. This is how we glorify His holy name by reciting
      with the author of Psalms, saying, "Not unto us, O Lord, not unto
      us. But to Your name give glory." (Psalm 115: 1)

      For the full text of the Encyclical in English, Syriac & Arabic,
      please visit.
      http://www.socmnet.org/Resource_PatriarchalHolyLentEncyclical2007.htm