Patriarchal Vicar for the Syrian Orthodox Church in the United Kingdom

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2006
      Patriarchal Vicar for the Syrian Orthodox Church in the United
      Kingdom

      On Sunday, December 3, 2006, His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I
      Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch, the Supreme Head of our Universal Syrian
      Orthodox Church, celebrated the Holy Qurbono at the St. Peter's &
      St. Paul's Patriarchal Cathedral of the St. Aphrem the Syrian
      Monastery at Ma'arrat Seydnaya, Damascus, Syria, and during the Holy
      Qurbono, His Holiness consecrated the Very Rev. Raban Toma Dawod
      Dakama a Metropolitan with the name, "Athanasius". His Eminence has
      been appointed as the 'Patriarchal Vicar for the Syrian Orthodox
      Church in the United Kingdom' and will be based in London.

      Their Eminences Mor Severius Jamil Hawa of Bagdad, Mor Gregorius
      Shemoun Saleeba of Mosul, Mor Theophilose George Saleeba of Mount
      Lebanon, Mor Eustathius Matta Roham of Jazirah & Euphrates, Mor
      Severius Malke Mourad of Jordan & Jerusalem, Mor Selwanos Pathros
      Nehmeh of Homs & Hama, Mor Athanasios Geevargis the Patriarchal
      Vicar for Indian Affairs, Mor Athanasius Elia Bahi the Patriarchal
      Assistant and Mor Themotheos Mousa Al Shamani of Mor Matta
      Monastery, Iraq, attended and assisted His Holiness at this blessed
      consecration ceremony.

      It was also attended by a large gathering of Rabans (Monks),
      Priests, Deacons, Nuns, the Syrian Orthodox Faithful and other
      Distinguished Guests from Syria, the United Kingdom, Iraq, Lebanon
      and Europe. Glory to God for granting our Holy Church another
      Metropolitan to organise our Church in the United Kingdom on more
      firmer foundations!

      Metropolitan Athanasios Geevargis
      Patriarchal Vicar for Indian Affairs,
      Syrian Orthodox Patriarchate,