Rev. Fr. Jacob Markose of the EAE ordained as a Rabban (Monk)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2006
      Rev. Fr. Jacob Markose of the EAE ordained as a Rabban (Monk)

      Today (Wednesday, 12th July 06)morning, Their Graces Mor Theodosios
      Mathews, Mor Aphrem Mathews and Mor Osthatheos Pathros concelebrated
      the Holy Qurbono at the St. Aphrem Chapel of the St. Aphrem the
      Syrian Monastery in Ma'arrat Seydnaya, Damascus, Syria. During the
      Holy Qurbono, as authorised by His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka
      I Iwas, The Patriarch of Antioch and All the East, the Supreme Head
      of the Universal Syriac Orthodox Church, The Catholicos of India His
      Beatitude Aboon Mor Baselios Thomas I ordained Rev. Fr. Jacob
      Markose of the Evangelistic Association of the East as a Rabban
      Monk) with the name "Markose".

      Their Graces Metropolitans Mor Dionysius Behnam Jajawi, Mor
      Athanasios Geevargis, Mor Theodosios Mathews, Mor Aphrem Mathews,
      Mor Osthatheos Pathros Mor Eusebios Kuriakose and Mor Coorilos
      Geevarghese assisted His Beatitude in the Ordination Service.

      May the ordination of Very Rev. Raban Markose prove a blessing to
      our Holy Syrian Orthodox Church in India.

      God willing, Very Rev. Raban Markose will be consecrated as a
      Metropolitan by His Holiness our Patriarch on Friday, July 14, 2006.
      His Beatitude Mor Baselios Thomas I and Their Graces the
      Metropolitans from India and the Middle East countries will be
      attending the Episcopal Consecration Service.

      Metropolitan Athanasios Geevargis
      Patriarchal Vicar for Indian Affairs,
      Syrian Orthodox Patriarchate,
      Damascus, Syria.

      For the photos and updations please visit the URL:
      http://www.socmnet.org/OrdinationEAE2006.htm