THE BOOK OF SAINT EPHRAIM

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2006
      Dear All in Christ
      Barekhmor / Shlomo

      This book on St. Ephrem the Syrian is recommended.

      In Our Lord's Love
      SOCM-FORUM Moderators

      WE CELEBRATE 1700TH BIRTHDAY OF SAINT EPHRAIM FROM TURKEY WITH THIS
      BOOK

      Our book, which is about Saint Ephraim's Writings, was published.
      The name of the book is "ESERLERÝYLE MOR AFREM" (Saint Ephraim with
      his Writings). It was translated by Sara Tanoðlu from English into
      Turkish and prepared by Shamosho Dr. Ýshak Tanoðlu and Sara Tanoðlu. It is 16 x 24 cm and 300 pages.

      In book there are hymns, poems, prose, sermons and pictures of Saint
      Ephraim, a husoyo and a fanqit about him which was translated from
      Syriac, interpretations of expert people, some views of the places
      where he lived.

      It is the most comprehensive book about Saint Ephraim which has
      been published up to now. It was printed in Istanbul with the best quality. Prof. Dr. Sebastian Brock, George Kiraz, Metropolitan of Istanbul and America helped us in this work. We use several sources, for example, we have benefited from the sources of Deyrulzafan Monastery in Mardin and Mor Gabriel Monastery in Midyat, from Sebastian Brock's books, etc.

      We learned that this year is the 1700th birthday of Saint Ephraim; so we want to share our happiness with you and inform you that we are participating in this celebrations by publishing this book.

      If there is any body who wants to get a copy of this book in Turkish, it costs £20 or $25. You can order it by sending an email to saratanoglu@...

      The revenue of these books will go to the Virgin Mary Church at Harput in S.E. Turkey.

      You can help us by advertising this book on your web site or page.

      Thank you

      SARA TANOGLU
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2006
        Dear All in Christ
        Barakmore / Shlomo

        This book on St. Ephrem the Syrian is recommended.

        In Our Lord's Love
        SOCM-FORUM Moderators

        WE CELEBRATE 1700TH BIRTHDAY OF SAINT EPHRAIM FROM TURKEY WITH THIS
        BOOK

        Our book, which is about Saint Ephraim's Writings, was published.
        The name of the book is "ESERLERÝYLE MOR AFREM" (Saint Ephraim with
        his Writings) It was translated by Sara Tanoðlu from English into
        Turkish and prepared by Shamosho Dr. Ýshak Tanoðlu and Sara Tanoðlu

        It is 16 x 24 cm and 300 pages.

        In book there are hymns, poems, prose, sermons and pictures of Saint
        Ephraim, a husoyo and a fanhit about him which was translated from
        Syriac, interpretations of expert people, some views from the places
        where he lived

        Now it is the most comprehensive book about Saint Ephraim which has
        been published up to now. Front and back covers are attached. It was
        printed in Ýstanbul with the best quality. Prof. Dr. Sebastian
        Brock, George Kiraz, Metropolitan of Ýstanbul and America helped us
        for this work. We use several sources for example we benefit from
        the sources of Deyrulzafan Monastery in Mardin and Mor Gabriel
        Monastery in Midyat, from Sebastian Brock's books and etc. Our main
        aim is Saint Ephraim's writings

        We learned that this year is the 1700th birhtday of Saint Ephraim so
        we want to share our happiness with you and inform you that we are
        participating this celebrations by this book too

        If there is any body who wants to read this book in Turkish, it is 20
        £ or 25$. You can order it from saratanoglu@...

        The revenue of these books go to Harput Virgin Mary Church

        If you desire you can put the advertisement of this book to your
        site,page

        Thank you

        SARA TANOGLU