Pray-as-you-go - Downloadable MP3s from a Jesuit site

  • drthomas_joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2006
      I came across this British Jesuit site which is described below. The
      format is compelling. It sure would be wonderful if we can do
      something similar drawing upon the Syriac Orthodox tradition.

      Regards
      Thomas Joseph, Ph.D.
      Web Master, Syriac Orthodox Resources [ http://sor.cua.edu/ ]
      Tech. Editor, Hugoye: Journal of Syriac Studies [
      http://bethmardutho.cua.edu/Hugoye/ ]

      ----

      Pray-as-you-go is a daily prayer session, designed for use on
      portable MP3 players, to help you pray whilst travelling to and from
      work, study, etc.

      Lasting around ten minutes (never more than 12 minutes), it uses
      music and scripture to help you become aware of God's presence in
      your life, to listen to and reflect on God's word, and to grow in
      your relationship with God.

      It is produced by Jesuit Media Initiatives, with material written by
      a number of British Jesuits and other experts in the spirituality of
      St Ignatius of Loyola.

      Although the content is different every day, it will always follow
      more or less the same format:

      1. Bells - the call to prayer
      2. Opening music with a few words of introduction
      3. Scripture for the day
      4. Questions for personal reflection
      5. Repeat of the scripture reading
      6. Final reflection